Merge two online accounts?

I  finally discovered that I indeed have two TT online accounts. My original account has a typo in the email address and some time ago I created a new one with corrected email address. However I cannot log in to the first account anymore. Can anyone help?
    There isn't a way to merge two accounts, but if you have the username of the old account and know what was entered for the email address, you can submit a request to have the email address updated so that you can access the account again.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/email-change-request/form.jsp
    • TurboTaxTyson,

Whatever they did this reset my old account and I can log into it again. It was empty; can it be deleted and my old user ID be restored to this account?