form 3805p

I do not understand what the California Individual Forms/Form 3805P, TP/Retirement Plan Taxes/01/31/2012
I already paid my penalty for withdrawling my funds early. Not sure why I have to wait.
    There is additional California tax due on the income from early distributions from qualified plans. This is different from any premature withdrawal penalty your financial institution may have charged you. Your federal return has an additional tax form for that as well (Form 5329). The California Form 3805P will be available on or about Jan 31.
    • so why did turbo tax tell me that it would be available on the 28th??? i have tried to file last week, and now they said to wait again. whats up with that?? will i still be able to e-file?
    • I'm in the same situation and I'm pretty ticked off.  Can we be taxed any fricking more!?!?!?!?!  I, too, paid my dues when I took my early distribution and now I'm waiting for a form (that each day is supposed to be available but then says it is not until the NEXT day) so that I can file my taxes and get my refund that I so desperately NEED right now!
    • If I had known I was going to have to pay additional penalty fees for withdrawing my funds, I would have never done it. What a waste of my money to just sit around not doing anything. It's our money!!! Why are you holding it against us??
    • I chatted with a Turbo Tax agent and he said, "TurboTax goes by what the state says. As soon as CA makes the form available, the program will be able to download it and you can proceed. "

I told him that i googled the 2011 form and found it, so it's already available.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2011/11_3805p.pdf

He said to try again tomorrow.

Guess we'll see...
    • it is now 2/1/12 and it says wait till 2/2/12.... so how long is this going to go on.
    • I just want to take care of all of my taxes and move on. Frustrating!