Anyone got their refund / deposit on their Turbotax Card yet? Particularly those who were suppose to be deposited on 1/24?

A lot of people have been stating their bank has received their deposit. I'm waiting for my deposit on 1/25 to my TT card. a guy named ratcliff on here was due deposit on 1/24 and hasn't yet received his to his TT card. Has anyone else with a TT card received any pending deposits to their account yet? Thanks
  • I just got my TT card in today but was not expected a deposit yet.
  • Timeline of e-file events for 2012 Filing Season:

*E-Filed with Turbotax on 1/5/2012 @6:34am

*Transmitted to IRS on 1/13/2012 @ 12:47 PM

*Accepted by IRS on 1/17/2012 @ 11:45 AM

*Status Updated on WMR to "processing you should receive refund by 1/31" on 1/18/2012 (unknown time)

*Status Updated on WMR to "your refund is scheduled for direct deposit on 1/25"  on 1/20/2012 (unknown time)

*Direct Deposit by IRS made to TTcard / Fees deducted from: SBBT/TPG on 1/24 at 11:34 AM

All times are Pacific Standard Time.  Hope this helps anyone who is curious about the time of the process.
Home > Support > Tax Refund > Frequently Asked Questions About the TurboTax Refund Card
   TurboTax SupportYour AnswerFrequently Asked Questions About the TurboTax Refund Card Other articles to try:
More Information About the TurboTax Refund Card
Print Frequently Asked Questions About the TurboTax Refund Card
Updated: 1/12/2012Article ID: GEN12731

About the Card

What is the TurboTax Refund Card?
What number can I call to get further assistance on the TurboTax Refund Card?
How is the TurboTax Refund Card different than a Gift Card?
How is the TurboTax Refund Card different than a Credit Card?
How does my TurboTax Refund Card work?
What are the fees and terms and conditions associated with the TurboTax Refund Card?
If I have bad credit, can I still get a TurboTax Refund Card?
My state issued my refund on a prepaid debit card, where do I get more information?
Signing-up for and receiving your Card

How do I get a TurboTax Refund Card?
Can I put my refund on my existing TurboTax Refund Card or other prepaid debit card?
When will I receive my TurboTax Refund Card?
I applied for a TurboTax Refund Card, but I haven't received it yet. What's going on?
Why is my refund not on my TurboTax Refund Card?
Can I split up my refund, for example, put some on a TurboTax Refund Card and some in my bank account?
Is there a limit to the refund amount that can be deposited onto the TurboTax Refund Card?
What happens if I order the card, but my tax return is rejected or my efile doesn't go through?
Why was I rejected for the TurboTax Refund Card?
The amount that was deposited on my new card is not the same as the refund amount that TurboTax provided. Why?
Can I get more than one TurboTax Refund Card?
Can I get a second card for the same account to share with a family member or friend?

What is the TurboTax Refund Card?

The TurboTax Refund Card is a convenient way to get your tax refund. The TurboTax Refund Card is a reloadable prepaid Visa debit card that you can use everywhere Visa debit is accepted.

You can have your tax refund direct deposited right to the card instead of to a bank account, or instead of waiting for a paper check. You’ll get your refund fast – in as few as 7 days when you e-file.

Learn more about the TurboTax Refund Card.

Top

Unlike gift cards, the TurboTax Refund Card is personalized with your name, allows you to make ATM withdrawals in addition to making purchases, and is reloadable.

Top

The TurboTax Refund Card is prepaid, which means you need to add money to your card in order to use it. It does not offer a line of credit like credit cards.

Top

How does my TurboTax Refund Card work?
Once you choose to put some or all of your tax refund on the card1, we walk you through signing up in the program and preparing to direct deposit your refund to the card. You can continue to e-file or print and mail your return right away. When TurboTax needs routing and account numbers for the direct deposit, we’ll use numbers associated exclusively with your new TurboTax Refund Card. These numbers will be generated automatically when you elect to direct deposit on the card.

You should typically receive your new card in the mail within 7-10 days from the day you sign up. When your refund is loaded on to your TurboTax Refund Card, you will be notified by email or text message (if you chose that option when you signed up) that your funds are available. You can then activate your card online or over the phone by following the instructions listed on the sticker on your card.

To get assistance with using your card, or for help with any problems, please review the following options:

For cards issued prior to October 17, 2011 and start with the numbers 485245, please call Customer Service at 1-866-963-1620
For cards issued after October 17, 2011 and start with the numbers 4034471, please call Customer Service at 1-866-543-9160
Note: 1If any portion of your Federal tax refund will be deposited on the TurboTax Refund Card, you will be able to deposit your state tax refund on the card, too.

Top

Issuance Charge

FREE
Monthly Charge

First month FREE  
Your Monthly Charge will be waived when you have an available balance of at least $50 on the last day of your billing cycle
Otherwise, $5.95 per month
Signature or PIN Debit Transactions

FREE
Cash Withdrawals

One FREE ATM withdrawal at an Allpoint ATM
FREE cash withdrawals when you ask for "cash back" during checkout (where available)
$2.50 for all other ATM withdrawals and teller cash withdrawals, plus any fee the ATM owner may charge (no charge from ATM owner Allpoint ATMs)  
Balance inquiries cost $0.50.  You can always check your balance for free online, by phone, or by text*.
Other Charges

Lost/stolen card replacement: $4.95
Second card: $4.95
Reloading your card with Direct Deposit is FREE. Reloading your card at a retailer will cost up to $4.95
If you use your card outside of the 50 United States, a charge equal to 3% of the transaction amount will apply
See Cardholder Agreement for details.

* Message and data rates may apply

Top

Yes. When you sign up for a TurboTax Refund Card, no credit check is required.

Top

How do I get a TurboTax Refund Card?
You can sign up for the card right in TurboTax. After you’ve finished preparing your taxes and you’re getting ready to file, you’ll see a screen about the TurboTax Refund Card, and then you’ll be able to choose it as an option for getting your refund.

Top

Yes. Select Direct Deposit when you are given your refund choices and then enter the bank name, routing number, and account number for your card.

Top

You should typically receive your TurboTax Refund Card within 7-10 days from the day you sign up for the card. If you do not receive the card after 10 days, please review the following contact options:

For cards issued prior to October 17, 2011 (TurboTax 2009 or 2010), please call Customer Service at 1-866-963-1620
For cards issued after October 17, 2011 (TurboTax 2011), please call Customer Service at 1-866-543-9160
Top

Please allow 7-10 days for your card to arrive after applying for the card. If you do not receive the card after 10 days, please review the following support information and select the option to report a card lost, stolen or never received. Please have your Social Security Number and confirmation number (from the confirmation email you received right after you ordered the card) available.

Top

When you complete your federal tax return, TurboTax gives you an estimated date that you will receive your refund based on the IRS's Refund Cycle Chart. If you e-filed, your federal refund will typically be deposited directly on your card within 7-14 days from day your return is accepted by the IRS (6-8 weeks if you mailed your return). Once your refund is loaded on to your TurboTax Refund Card, you will be notified by email or SMS text message (if you requested to be contacted when you signed up for the card) that the funds are available.

If you would like to check the status of your refund, please visit the IRS web site at www.irs.gov and select "Where's My Refund."

The processing times for state refunds vary from state to state. As a general rule, you can expect your state tax refund within 30 days from the day your return is successfully transmitted.

Top

Yes. When you're signing up for the TurboTax Refund Card, check the box that allows you to split your refund. You can choose up to four different accounts in addition to your primary account. Your refund card will be considered your primary account.

Top

No, there is no limit.

Top

When you sign up for the TurboTax Refund Card, your request will be processed and your card will be sent to you that same day, regardless of whether you file your return. However, your funds will not be authorized for direct deposit to the card until your return is accepted. If you e-file successfully but your return is rejected, you'll need to resolve the e-filing errors and transmit again. And if you e-file but the transmission doesn't go through, you'll need to retransmit your return to ensure it is filed.

Top

We must abide by regulatory requirements to ensure that we can verify our customers' identities. We use an external source to verify the validity of a customer's personal information.

A customer fails verification when the customer's personal information either is incorrect, has been changed and/or does not match the information retrieved from this external source.

Failed verification may be caused by, but is not limited to:

Address change
Recent name change, i.e. marriage or divorce
Personal information is spelled incorrectly
No information was found by external source
If you fail verification, you will be notified that you will not receive a personalized reloadable card. Unfortunately, if you do not pass verification, we cannot activate a card for you.

At this point, you can choose another way to receive your tax refund.

Top

The refund amount deposited to your card may not be what you expected if the IRS has determined you owe back taxes or child support payments. The IRS is authorized to take these from your refund before it’s sent to you.

Top

No, not at the time you sign up for the card. You can choose however to split your refund between a new TurboTax Refund Card and another prepaid card you may already have.

Top

Yes. Once your TurboTax Refund Card arrives, you have the option of requesting a second card to give to a friend or family member. Both your card and the second card will have the same account number; so both cards will have access to the available funds loaded to the account. A second card costs $4.95 and there is no additional monthly charge for that card.

Top

For cards issued prior to October 17, 2011 and start with the numbers 485245 (issued in TurboTax 2009 or 2010), please call Customer Service at 1-866-963-1620
For cards issued after October 17, 2011 and start with the numbers 4034471 (issued in TurboTax 2011), please call Customer Service at 1-866-543-9160
Top

Certain states are dispersing refunds on debit cards issued directly from the state.  If you received a state-specific card and have questions about this card or your state refund, please contact them directly.

New York:  518-457-5149
Georgia:  877-423-6711
Louisiana:  225-219-0102
Oklahoma:  800-522-8165
Connecticut:  860-297-5962
South Carolina:  803-898-5709
Top

Today's Hot Topics

Get important updates on emerging tax issues and answers to our most common questions.

Import W-2 from ADP
See important import tip
Can I file using a paystub?
Why we advise against it
Where's My Refund?
How to track your refund

Most Viewed Answers
Why is my tax refund different this year?
Access 2010 or Earlier Tax Returns
Find Your 2010 AGI
When will I get my tax refund?
Print a Review Copy of your Return
About the TurboTax Refund Card
Get Your E-filing PIN from the IRS
Lost Your TurboTax Online Login?
Why can't I find my 2010 or earlier TurboTax Online return?
Print a Copy of Your Tax Return for Your Records

Contact Us

Did this article help you?
Yes, it did...  
No, it didn't...
Your Feedback   Support
Technical support
E-filing questions
Contact us
Support Sitemap
Tax Advice and Help
Ask a Tax Expert
Terms and Conditions
Live Community
Choosing Tax Preparation Software
Compare products
Online tax preparation
CD/download products
Why TurboTax
#1-rated tax software
Customer reviews
Privacy and security
Audit Support
Audit Defense
Guarantees
Personal Income Tax Preparation
File an extension
Free federal tax filing
1040EZ tax returns
Maximize tax deductions
Investments and rental property
Self-employed, freelance
Small Business Tax Preparation
Business tax software
Self-employment taxes
C Corp, S Corp, partnership taxes
Small business tax tips
Tax Calculators and Tools
ItsDeductible
Tax Refund Calculator
IRA Retirement Calculator
Life Events Advisor
W-4 Salary Calculator
     Site Map | Affiliates | Feedback | Contact Us | Software License Agreements | Privacy Statement | Security
Security Certification of the TurboTax Online application has been performed by C-Level Security.
© 1997-2012 Intuit Inc. | Trademark Notices | About Intuit | Intuit Careers | Search Intuit Jobs
By accessing and using this page you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
I know this is alot to have to view, but I hope it helps. Good luck to all