Do I have to include my 1098-T?

I think I may have messed up my tax return by including the 1098-T. Is it too late to just remove it and not deal with it?
    If you have already filed, it's too late.  You should wait until you get your refund and then prepare an amended return.  Amended returns have to be mailed and take 8-12 weeks to process.If you're not eligible for education deductions or credits, there would be no reason to include it unless you have taxable scholarship income on it.
    • I deleted my education info and everything was adjusted as to how I wanted it to be. Will it be a problem?
    You haven't said whether you have filed your return. Read TurboTaxAnita's answer again, especially the first sentence. If you made changes in TurboTax after you filed the return, it doesn't change what you already filed.
    • I did read what she said. Here is the issue. When I filed my taxes, I included the information from my 1098-T form. I wasn't sure what I needed to include, so for my education deduction I think I may have messed up the numbers. When I got my tax return, something from my education deduction was included. This is now causing an issue with my financial aid office. They are telling me that I need to send them another W2 because what I have on my tax return does not match what is on my W2. Well, of course it doesn't match because my education deduction is included. I don't need to change this for tax purposes, I just need to change it for my financial aid. Once I deleted my education deduction, the numbers matched up on my tax return and my W2. My question is, because I deleted it, will this cause a problem?
    First let's straighten out some terminology. Your tax RETURN is the form you sent to the government with information about your income and so on. The money the government sent back to you is your REFUND. You did not get your RETURN from the government. You sent your RETURN to the government. You got your REFUND from the government.

What you did will not cause a problem with the IRS because the IRS doesn't see the changes that you made in TurboTax after you filed. It could potentially cause a problem in two situations.

1. If you go back to TurboTax Online to look at your tax return or print a copy of your tax return, you will be seeing the modified version, not the version that you filed.

2. If you have to amend your tax return, you need to have the information as you filed it, without the changes you made for the financial aid office.

What I suggest that you do is, after you have resolved the situation with the financial aid office, change your tax return in TurboTax back to the way it was when you filed it. Before you do that, save a copy of the version you sent to the financial aid office, in case you need it again.

After you have changed the information in TurboTax back to the way it was, you should save your return, as you filed it, as a PDF, and also save a copy of your tax data file. Instructions for doing this are at the following links.

Save Your Tax Return as a PDF File
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Print-and-Save/GEN12337.html

Save a Backup Copy of Your Tax File
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Print-and-Save/GEN12008.html