the IRS website will not give me an e-file pin

I did not efile last year, I went to the IRS website and filled out the document to get an e pin and it told me "we are unable to provide you with your tax information online"
    You will have to call the automated service.  Have your AGI from last year, your filing status, and ss number and you should be able to get it.  worked for me.
    • I had the same problem, even using all correct information. My tax return got rejected after using the correct AGI from last year, and the automated service line takes a million years to get through. You would think the IRS could do better than this. Did the automated system help you? I still haven't gotten through.
    • Thanks, TurboTax!  I've got a shotgun in my mouth!
    T-TAX YAY:

I answered your question in your new thread.  I'll repeat it here in case it helps anyone else.

If you didn't file in 2010, you can't get a new 2011 filing PIN from the IRS.. You would leave the PIN field completely blank and use the AGI field instead. You would sign with an AGI of 0 (single digit, no decimal).