How do I find out if I claimed the american opportunity/hope credit in prior years?

I only have w2 from employer and a online view able 1098t. I am not sure how many times I have claimed these credits.
    The only way to know is to look at previous years tax returns. The credit is claimed on form 5695.
    • Thank you for your input. I have done my taxes the past several years on Turbo Tax and never really filled out forms, so where to turn to now?
    If you didn't file a tax return and didn't claim the credit on a tax return, you haven't claimed it before. If you can be claimed as a dependent, you can't claim the credit. Perhaps your parent claimed it in past years.