where do I enter large ticket item for sales tax deduction

I am using the online version and cannot find any place to enter the sales tax on a boat purchased in 2010. The program calculated my sales tax, but I can't enter the addtional tax on the boat.
    I can't find a place to add big ticket items to my standard sales tax deduction either.  2/2/11.
    • I also bought a motor home and car.  I looked through similar questions and don't find a way to enter big ticket items.  I live in Florida, a no income tax state.
    • I am also NOT able to add specified items (2 used cars) to the TURBO computed sales tax.
    • Bottom line.  If you live in a no income tax state like Florida, itemize deductions and take the calculated sales tax deduction, there is no way to go back and enter big ticket items.  I went back and took the option of deducting actual taxes using the calculated deduction as the actual deduction and I was still limited to a $999.00 deduction.  Is this a cap on sales tax deduction?
    • I have the same problem.  Where do I enter a few big ticket items such as a car and a motorcycle purchase so I can write off the sales tax for them?
    • same problem.  I hope someone figures this out.  Please post the answer if you know.
    I cant find any place to add the two trucks and motor home I purchased either under the sales tax. It doesn't ask me NOTHING about large ticket items. Worthless. Like I'm going to forgo 50,000.00 in sales taxes because this program DOESN'T WORK RIGHT. Makes you wonder how many other problems like this are costing us all MILLIONS of dollars in taxes! Well I will wait a few more days to see if the CATASTROPHE  gets fixed, if not Ill have to take it to an accountant and give the government MORE OF MY MONEY!

Bottom line is when you go back through the Sales Tax category is doesnt allow you to edit / add any big ticket purchases.
      Under Federal Taxes
      Deductions and Credits
      Explore on my own
      Then scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
      Sales Tax- click the Start or Update button

If you itemize your deductions you can either take the state and local sales tax deduction OR the state and local income tax deduction whichever is greater. There are a couple items like car sales tax you can add to the sales tax table.  That is mainly for people who live in a state without a state income tax.
      • I still cannot enter an addtional amount in the online program. Is anyone else having this problem/
      Enter Sales Tax under
      Federal Taxes
      Deductions and Credits
      Explore on my own

You might see a screen saying Let's compare your sales tax and income tax
      Choose Try Sales Tax Deduction Anyway
      Then click on EasyGuide

Enter your State and Dates you lived there
      Enter your Sales Tax Rate as a whole number like enter 7% as 7.00 or 7.5% as 7.50
      Then enter any major purchases
      When you are done it will show you a summary screen of Places you Lived - Click DONE
      Then it will ask if you had any Nontaxable Income to increase your Sales Tax Deduction Yes or No

Major purchases do NOT include:
      -Furniture
      -Jewelry
      -Home electronics
      • I can't find it either...  frustrating..
      The very detailed directions are right above