2011 Amended Return

I efiled my son's return and discovered his daughter was not listed as a dependent, so I need to amend the return to reflect this.. When will the 2011 Amended forms be fileable?
    First Do Not Change anything on your original filed Return. Just wait until your return is either rejected or accepted. If it is rejected, just make the necessary corrections and resubmit. However, if it is accepted, then you will need to prepare an amended return and your amended return Must be Mailed.

The IRS amended tax form 1040X will not be available for filing and Mailing until Feb 9, 2012 so there's no hurry. Wait for your tax refund assuming you e-filed and are getting a refund and MAKE NO changes to your present return until you are ready to file the 1040X amended Return. Repeat: Your amended return Must be Mailed and The IRS requires 8 to 12 weeks to process amended returns. State timeliness vary

Things to Do Before you Amend Your Return.
    1. Print a copy of your Unchanged Accepted Tax Return before you make any changes you’ll want that for your records.
    2. Save your Unchanged Accepted Tax Return as Both a PDF and .tax2011 file.

You might want to look at this TurboTax Support page.
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Amend-a-Return/Amend-a-2011-Tax-Return/GEN83887.html

Hope this helps.
    • Thanks...I just needed to know when the IRS will accept 2011 1040x forms.
    • The IRS amended tax form 1040X will not be available for filing and Mailing until Feb 9, 2012.
      Sorry, but one never knows just all or what information a person might need.
    Can I file an amended 2011 1040 return.  I failed to list my college credit for my sons