why do I owe state taxes when last year I got a refund?

For 2009, I made about 10500.  About 560 was taken out of my paychecks for Oregon State Tax.  I recieved a state refund of 147.  

For 2010, I made 30,300 and paid 1910 for State Tax.  Turbo Tax shows I will owe 148 to the state for 2010. Why do I owe this year when I paid triple in taxes?
    Well for one thing you made 3x more income.  Put you into a higher tax bracket.
    • There has been no change in my income in 2010 from that in 2009. In 2009 I got a $600.00 refund and now I owe over $4,000.00 for 2010. I don't understand.
    • I've experienced some strange changes in OR state taxes as well.  Live in WA, work in OR at same company for 10 years.  I have always got an OR state refund until 2009, it said I owed an additional $188 to OR state.  In 2010 it is saying I owe an additional $195.  Why after 8 years am I now owing more money to OR state?
    • making only 13,000 last year & not being able to make ends meet, oregon wants 500.00 from me NOW. I'm not understanding this. I've never had to pay state before.