Entering amounts from Settlement Statement (HUD-1)

When Turbo Tax prompts me that I may be able to add additional amounts deductable from my HUD-1 Settlement Statement (taxes, origination charge, points, insurance) all it does is bring me back to editing my 1098.  If I change these amounts to include amounts on HUD-1, that is in essence altering the amounts being supplied to the IRS from the 1098.  Why is there not a separate place to enter these OR is this the way it is to be done?
    The only items that are deductible from your settlement statement is the following:

-mortgage interest paid
    -points or loan origination fees paid
    -private mortgage insurance paid
    -real estate taxes paid

The other items are not deductible on your tax return.
    • So I went to the Your Home section, but where do I go next to enter lines 803 and 901 form the HUD-1?  I've already entered my mortgage interest, property taxes, and mortgage insurance.  Am I supposed to include it in one of those?
    • I have this exact same question and there isn't a clear or definitive answer anywhere.  Can someone please help here?
    Other than the option for entering mortgage interest paid not on a form 1098, for the other deductible expenses, you will just have to add the amounts from your settlement statement to the amounts from the form 1098.  That is the only way to enter them in TurboTax and it is fine to add them together.

You can enter these expenses in TurboTax by clicking on:

-Federal Taxes tab
    -Deductions and Credits
    -Explore on my own
    -In the Your Home section, you will enter these expenses here
    • Ok, so what exactly is deductible from the HUD-1?  I sold a house 2 hours earlier than the house i bought and I see many conflicting answers on the community.  should i be able to claim the money we allowed our buyer to help get a new garage door?
      how about:
      origination charges,
      commissions paid,
      settlement charges,
      closing fee,
      deed/notary,
      deed/stamps,
      lien letters,
      home warranty

what happens if i see my points within parenthesis ($5000)

This is very confusing and i just need some assistance