TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

How do I claim my 1099-misc income?

My first month was as a contract employee, and income wasn't included on my w-2.  Does that mean I was self-employed?  That was my only employment.
    If payment for services you provided is listed in box 7of Form 1099-MISC, you are being treated as a self-employed worker, also referred to as an independent contractor:

If you earned more than $400 net income (income less expenses) working as a self employed individual (or independent contractor), you must file a Schedule C, business income and expenses with your personal return and pay self-employment tax of 15.3% employment tax

Similar questions other people found helpful: