Deadline to file a 1099 MISC to a subcontractor of mine?

I just realized I paid over $600 for an analysis I recieved for a project I am working on.  Its now March 25th.  It looks like I need to file an 1099 MISC for the work I have paid for. Is there a deadline that this needs to be done by?
Thanks in advance.
David
    Due to IRS February 29
    penalty is $50 per form

More info
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5480896_penalties-filing-1099-misc-form.html

Found this
    Can file with the TurboTax Home and Business product

E-filing your  W-2s and 1099s is available now. After you've created your forms, simply select E-file All at the top of the My Businesses page. The deadline to e-file W-2 and 1099 forms with the SSA and IRS is April 2, 2012.

More info
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/W-2---1099-Reporter/About-Quick-Employer-Forms/GEN12023.html