Do I need to file a schedule C for 1099 miscellaneous income?

My daughter received a 1099 Misc for $644  in non-employee compensation.  Last year this did not require a schedule C. Why is Turbo tax telling me now that it does?
  • need to know if I have to file 1099-C I have quality to omit this amount please send me information
What was it for?  Was it for work she did?  Don't know why it told you last year that you didn't need schedule C.  But you do.

First of all you will need to upgrade from the Free Edition to a paid version to enter a 1099-Misc and fill out schedule C.

You need to report all your income even if you don't get a 1099Misc. You use your own records.

You are considered self employed and have to fill out a schedule C for business income.  Enter it under…..
Federal Taxes Tab
Wages & Income
Choose Explore on my own (if it comes up)
Then scroll way down to Business Items
Business Income and Expenses - Click the Start or Update button

You use your own name and ssn.   You should say you use the Cash Accounting Method and all  income is at risk.  After you put in your income and expenses  if your net profit is $400 or more you will pay 15.3% (13.3% for 2011) Self Employment tax in addition to your regular income tax.  The Schedule SE will be automatically filled out for it.

After it asks if you received any 1099Misc it will ask if you had any income not reported on a 1099Misc. You should be keeping your own records.  Just go through the interview and answer the questions.   Then you will enter your expenses.

Here are the IRS instructions for  Schedule C, the business codes start on page 9
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sc.pdf

Also here is IRS information on Self Employment….
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=115045,00.html