EIN Number

How do I find an EIN for a company. I have all the information I need to enter but no EIN. I called the company and asked about my W-2 and they said it got returned. Im not sure why cause that address is still ok but when I tried to give them a diffrent address they said it was against the law for them to do that and they could only mail it to the address they had. They are not provididng me with what I need hence the reason I dont work for them anymore. What should I do?
    Even if your employer cannot mail your W-2 to you at a different address, they should be able to provide you with the EIN over the phone.  Call again and ask them just for that number.  It should be a 9-digit number.  Can you go by the former employer's office and just pick up the W-2?  You really need to try to get a copy of the document.  You will need it if you were ever audited by the IRS.  Maybe you can send the company a change of address in writing and they can then mail the W-2 to the new address.