If I can't e-file due to a pin mix up with the irs, can I get my fee back for e-filing my state form?

The IRS says I do not need a pin to e file, the turbo tax website will not let me e file without one that I can see.  It let me put in 0 for me, then asked for a pin number for my wife.  The IRS said she didn't need one either, but Turbo Tax wouldn't let me put 0 for her.
    This can be frustrating. There are different boxes to add the AGI or PIN or New PIN. Here is some great information to help you. http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/go/SLN12645

After you open your return again:
    1. Click on "Print & File,"
    2. Then choose "File a Return"
    3. Follow the steps until you get to the screen "Review your Federal Filing Choices"
    http://screencast.com/t/zcVKpNLUdhc
    4. Click "Edit" next to the row about "Identifying Information"
    5. Follow the steps to choose to Enter AGI or PIN.

Your do have to have PIN's for both you and your wife.  If the IRS told you to put '0' for your agi, then you can enter any five digit number for the pins.  Give that a try too.  If you're still having problems, I recommend contacting the IRS by phone to get your pin.  Specify that you want your a NEW E-FILE PIN.  While on the phone, also ask for the E-FILE AGI as well.  They should give you the correct information on the phone.  Call this number 1-800-829-1040, press 2, do not select 7, press 1 and then press 3, this will take you to an actual person.

I hope this helps solve your question!
    • This never works. I have already tried and got rejected 4 times. Is there anyway we get a refund from Turbo Tax?
    • Sorry you're still having trouble.  If you have tried all these steps, called the IRS to confirm your AGI and PIN, and you're sure that you've entered them in the correct place, then it's probably best to print & mail your return.  The TurboTax fees are for preparation, e-filing is included free.  You can still print and mail your return before the deadline.  That's the best course of action at this point.