I haven't recieved my NY State refund in over 3 weeks since acceptance. Wondering if there is some delay with the state? Anybody know?

• Was just gonna ask the same question though the NYS page does say "We received your return and it's in the final stage of processing.
    While most returns are completed within 2 weeks, it may take up to 4 weeks."

Hope it somes soon!!
  • OK, thanks. I checked my status and it says they need further time. Could take up to 60 days. What's up with that? My federal processed right away. Why the delay for the state?
Google "nys tax refund status" and go to the NYS site and type in your ss # and expected refund amount and it will tell you.  Mine says 4/11/11 it will be direct deposited, whereas my federal refund was deposited 9 days after I filed it.  NYS has no money, therefore they are taking their sweet time paying us.
  • Update on 3/29/2011:  I was finally able to get a hold of someone in the state customer service. They said my state refund was distributed on February 15, 2011. A nice man named Mike was who I spoke to. I explained the money was to go to a prepaid Visa card to put away for savings, he claimed some refunds are not always accepted by those kinds of banks and to check with them and make sure I get the money. I know I didn't spend it already, so now off to check with the bank and find out why it didn't post.
  • hey any one that wants to check on there new york state refund ststus .... call 518-457-5181.... press 3 then 4 and you can speak to a live person
  • I havent received my nys refund since I filed in March 2011 for 2010. i called all the 518 numbers possible. All I get is "there is no information on your refund staus. Goodbye." WTF????
Wow; look what I found for my status!

"Your return has been processed. A direct deposit of your refund is scheduled to be issued on (MARCH 14, 2011). If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days of this date, check with your bank to find out if it has been received."

I'll let ya know if it comes and I think the reason for the delay is partially from the fed delays and the fact that good old NY, like many other states, is broke!!!!! JMHO!
    FYI: I just looked, and as per my NYS last status my 3/14 direct deposit was actually posted today!! Thery're coming!!! Good luck all!!
      I filed my NY state tax over 1 month ago (2/9/11), but I checked today and it says:
      Your return has been processed. A direct deposit of your refund is scheduled to be issued on (MARCH 14, 2011). If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days contact your bank to see if they have received it.
        I JUST CHECKED AND MY STATUS IS "THE INFORMATION YOU ENTERED DOES NOT MATCH"?
        • Check your SS#, form selection, and refund amount and make sure they're correct; or call NYS! Good luck
        • Does that mean if I owe money, I can file on 4/15 and send the check a month later due to processing?
        • I checked the link provided by Marilyn as well and got the answer of OUR RECORDS DON'T MATCH. I went back several times and made sure that my social security number was correct and switched which documents were filed... it says to check dollar amount but there is NOWHERE on NYS to enter that.

As a web developer that REALLY irks my hide!

I submitted my forms by e-file as soon as I could this year. if you are waiting on funds... I wonder if we will get ANYTHING before June??
        • ok I tried it a different time and got THIS answer....

Your refund status is not available using this service. Please call 518-457-5149, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. You will be asked to enter your tax return information again in order to properly identify you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I CALLED THE NUMBER THE STATE PROVIDED AND IT'S OUT OF SERVICE SAYING IT CANNOT COMPLETE MY CALL AT THIS TIME!! I called the number more than once. I called from 2 different phones 3 times. Can someone PLEASE help me figure out where the heck my money is!!??

That is just too whacked out. Why wouldn't they let me know what is going on?
        You can find your state's website to check on your refund here……
        http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Where-do-I-/State-Tax-Web-Sites/GEN12028.html

Also double check if you efiled and your return was accepted…….
        Check your filing status under the Print and file tab. If it shows rejected, fix the error and file again. If it shows no return filed, you need to continue  in order to go all the way through the filing process to submitting your return. Many people think by paying the Turbo Tax fee they have filed.  But you need to continue on to the submit button.  You can efile until Oct 15, 2011.

You had to submit and file the state return separately from the federal return.

You might have just received a confirmation of paying the Turbo Tax fees. You still needed to continue on and finish the filing process and hit submit. If you are due a refund there is no penalty for filing late. If you have a tax due and file late the IRS may send you a bill for interest and penalty.
        • I filed my return for 2011 on 1/29/12. When checking on the status of my return I was getting the message about it taking 60 days and if I received a letter from them I should respond to it immediately. Today my new message says: Your return has completed processing. You will receive correspondence about your return within 10 business days.
          Let's see what happens next.
        • Yes the same thing happen to me for about 5 weeks my NYC State refund status. And this is what i got We received your return and it required further review which could take up to 60 days to complete. If you receive correspondence from us, you should respond as soon as possible.but then a week later then it was saying Your return has completed processing. You will receive correspondence about your return within 10 business days. So if there is anyone who get there letter before i do please Do share thank you.
        • when i checked the website it first said " your return required further review which could take up to 60 days to complete"
          i just checked again now it says "your return has been completed you will receive correspondence from us within 10 days? what is this ? did anyone receive a letter from them yet? if so please share !
        • I too am in the same boat, I have not gotten a letter yet either, my return was processed on 02/02/12 federal was deposited on 0216. when I called the 518 number they said I was being audited but no letter yet. Please everyone keep us posted as to when and if letters arrive. Still does not make it any easier not knowing what they are looking for.
        • recieved letter from NYS has anyone else?
        • I filed the second week on Feb the site still says for me, "We received your return and it required further review which could take up to 60 days to complete. If you receive correspondence from us, you should respond as soon as possible"

I filed Feb 10!!! Wtf, What is taking so long?