Can I amend my prior returns through TurboTax even if they were not originally filed with TurboTax?

I have had an accountant do our taxes the last several years and this year I am doing them myself with TurboTax. I have found several deductions that the accountant did not do for us (Home office, etc).  Can I use TurboTax to file amendments for 2007,2008 and 2009 even if they were not originally filed with TurboTax?  If so, should I do these amendments before I complete my 2010 return?
    Well you would first have to fill out a new return in Turbo Tax like you were doing it for the first time and hopefully come out with the same results as your original filed return. Then when it exactly matches what you filed and amounts are the same for every line on the 1040 you can do the amended return.

If you want to amend a 2009 or earlier return you would have to buy the desktop version of Turbo Tax.

You can buy the 2006-2009 desktop versions here....
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products.jsp
    (Look on the right side for years 2006 to 2008.)  You need to buy each year separately.

Or you can check for  Turbo Tax for all years on Ebay or Amazon, etc.
    • Ok, I think I get that part....should I do those prior year amendments BEFORE I complete my 2010 return?

Does that matter?  If I go back through and amend the prior years, will the amended result of the 2009 have an impact on my 2010 that could make it different from the 2010 I am working on now?