This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

Amended Return-IRS says I owe more $ and Turbo Tax Comp Used on my Amended return Incorrect

I received a 1099 after filing my 2011 taxes. I filed an amended return with TT and the tax owed was computed as $17. Got IRS notice saying I owed $221 more. Called IRS and he said I guarantee the amount due is right and TT is in error. He directed me to Item 5 taxable income and then went through the tax table to compute my taxes due. The TT 1040X shows "QDCGTW".  Is TT wrong or is the IRS? Should I pay or go back to the IRS?
    Without knowing the exact figures and seeing the actual return, it is impossible to say for sure.  However, if the QDCGTW (Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet) is being used, the IRS may need a copy of the worksheet to adjust their records.  Respond to their letter indicating that you do not agree because you are using this worksheet.  Send a copy of the worksheet with a copy of their letter to them - be sure to keep a copy of the letter and the worksheet for your records.

    You can obtain a copy of the worksheet (if you don't already have one) by clicking on Forms and then look for Qual Div/Cap Gn Wks in the Forms in My Return list.