How long does it take the IRS to accept my return?

I submitted my taxes on the 10 th and turbo tax said it was submitted to the irs on the 16 th and my return still has not been accepted.how long does it usually take to get accepted?
    Are you sure it was submitted on the 16th?  The IRS didn't officially open e-filing until the 17th.  After that, it can take up to 72 hours, but the IRS computers have been down some of the time since then.
    • When I log onto my account it says it was sent on the 16 th and the IRS recieved it but not acknowledged it I called the IRS and they have no submissions for this year
    • My taxes were submitted on 1/22/2013 and I got an email on 1/28/2014 saying they were rejected because I input something wrong. I just sent it back in....