refund delay - processing delay!!!!

Okay!  I submitted my refund on the 17th and it was accepted on the 19th.  TT gave me a DD date of the 1/27/12, while the IRS gave me a date of 1/31/12. I recheck my status again this morning on the IRS site, and now my status has been changed to the 2/07/12 due to process delays. Also, for the first time this morning I checked SSBT, and it states that my refund was originally scheduled for 1/25/12, but now due to processing delays it will be the 2/01/12.   I don't know what to believe.  This is the first time I've ever had to go through this. What is the CORRECT date?  

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Has anyone received their refund that filed on the 17th? Any insight?
  • I got the exact same thing MickeyMinnie3..and mine was accepted the 19th as well...I have no clue what is going on..when you find out let me know know...We could be lucky bc some of these folks got pushed back to 2/27.. :(
Always go by what the IRS says. They will always be the most reliable and accurate.

TT does not receive updates from the IRS on the status of your return, so only the IRS knows the dates and the status.

The IRS is very overloaded right now and unfortunately the returns are being delayed, as it says in your status.
  • WATSONVILLE, Calif.- It's news you don't want to hear.   It could take longer to get your tax refund this year.

Turbo Tax and H&R Block said problems at the IRS are causing big delays.

The IRS started its e-file system two days late. Usually it starts on Jan. 15th, this year it was Jan 17th.

Now for those people who have filed, they're going to this site(https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp) to check the status of their refund and getting an error message.

That's because of an unplanned outage of the IRS e-file system.

Companies like H&R Block and Turbo Tax are letting customers know via Facebook and in-person about the e-file issues.

H&R Block's Central Coast district manager in Watsonville told Central Coast News Wednesday, he sees quite a few people filing their taxes early, especially families.

The delay is putting refund's behind schedule.  For example, if you filed your taxes on Jan. 17th, you should expect to see a refund Feb. 1st, a week later than normal.

"We try to explain before they start doing their taxes.  We give expectations and we try to explain what the IRS is doing this year, so that when we do the return they aren't shocked or surprised," said Fernando Paco.

Even when the IRS fixes the problems in e-filing, you could still be waiting longer to get your refund, that's because funding to the agency has been reduced the past two years.

Right now, the IRS said it is unable to answer three out of ten calls from taxpayers.

There is some good news.  Changes to the tax codes could get you some more money when you do file.

First, for every dependent you claim the credit is increasing from $99 to $315.

Next, you can continue to put money into an IRA all the way through April 17th of this year, and that will be included in your 2011 tax return.  The deadline used to be December 31st.

Finally, there are new stimulus fund credits good for one or two years. This year those include people who attend community college and trade schools. In the past, credits included first-time home buyers and energy efficient home improvements.
  • @Sh3ll3y...
    I called this morning 1800-829-0582 x362 and was told that there was an error on my return ( she wasnt able to tell me exactly what the error was ) but it was corrected..nothing I need to do or fix, and 2/07/12 is my new DD date.  Hopefully I'll get it on the 7th w/o anymore delays...fingers-crossed!!
  • From what I have been reading it is due to fraudulent users of Turbo Tax. Apparently all those who are using TT are going to be under scrutiny?
    This was just what I have read this evening under a different thread so please do not get angry at me if /should you find out this information is not correct.
    The person that posted stated to Google Turbo Tax User Fraud. Apparently two woman were arrested today in connection with filing 200 fraudulent tax returns totaling over a million in refunds!...yeah um... I am going to be researching this.
    Hope this helps.
  • GOOD MORNING

WOW THIS IS SCARY AND NOT FAIR. THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION. THIS IS THE FIRST I HAVE HEARD OF THIS. I FEEL THAT TT SHOULD HAVE POSTED THIS ON THE WEBSITE, SO THE USERS WOULD BE AWARE OF WHAT IS GOING ON.
    I FILED ON THE 27TH AND JUST WAS ABLE TO ACCESS MY STATUS ON IRS PAGE. IT STATES MY DATE IS FEB 14TH. ON TT IT STATES MY FEDERAL WAS  ACCEPTED. I DON'T KNOW BUT I HOPE ALL GOES AS PLANNED AND I RECEIVE MINE IN THE 8TH AS TOLD THE FIRST TIME.

GOOD LUCK ALL
  • the fed was accepted the next day and the irs site says on or before 2-14 but my state has still not been accepted!! I understand the delay but wish they (TT) didnt blast the "7 day" thing so loud because its a big let down when you need the $$
  • My Refund Was Accepted On Jan.19th And I Also Was Told Feb.1st Was My Deposit Date... But Feb 1st Has Past And Its The 8th Now... I Check My WMR Tool And They Say My Refund Has Been Recieved And Is Being Processed... I Just Wanna Know Whats Going On... Im Like So Confused And Pissed Cause I Don't Have My Money..
  • I am experiencing the same thing! This is the 2nd year in a row for me!!  I filed the 19th, accepted the 20th, DD was FE B 7th! I have Direct Deposit, so why 21 days??  Now, WMR says it has been accepted and being processed!!! No Date this time!! I called, the guy couldn't really tell me anything!! I cannot understand why the IRS just can't give their operators some information that would at least give a GOOD idea what's going on! I used the SBB bank again, and had fees taken out, this same thing happened last year.  My son went somewhere else and had his money in 8 days!!! Its' been 3 weeks now for me!!  I think next year I will go where my son went and get my money in 8 days!!!! Not happy with TT or SBBank!  I paid $90.00 + for their "SERVICES"  And TT says when IRS accepts the return, it's "Our of our hands!!" I think they need to have some responsibility here being I am Paying them!!!!
  • I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION. I FILED WITH TT ON JANUARY 26, 2012 AND ACCEPTED ON SAME DAY. I GOT DD DATE OF 2/1/2012 AND A WEEK LATER CHANGED TO 2/8/2012, NOW THERE IS NOTHING BUT STUPID CUSTOMER SERVICE CODE 9001 WHICH ADDS UP TO NOTHING BUT DELAY. WHAT IS GOING ON?
  • TT customer service on this issue is appalling!  I had a TT supervisor call me back and tell me "it's your problem".  Nice, thanks to that attitude, I'll be using a different company to file my taxes as well as that of my family from now on.
  • This sucks, the govt. is keeping our money because it is out of money I think
  • The IRS is a joke. If WE don't pay our taxes we go to jail. If the IRS doesn't give us back our overpaid taxes it's "Oopsie, delay in processing!"

I'll remember that next time I owe the IRS money. I'll tell them that I will pay them on the 7th.  No the 14th. No the 21st, because of 'processing delays', and see how they like it.