tax product pe1 sbtpg llc, i have been shorted on my return

i have been looking into it. there are alot of people with the same problem. and turbo taxes answer to this is.. the feds have adusted it. well about that. i called and went to the irs web site. it says my return is still being processed. i got it three days ago. some people are thousands off of what they should be.
  • If this is a question, it's not very clear what you are asking.
  • First off, my taxes were shorted over 1/2 of what Turbo tax claimed for me. The IRS made the adjustment and it was based on the schedule C for profit/loss. Intuit has offered to refund me the filing fee, and that would be fair however they were over four thousand dollars off. This is pathetic. I say WE the consumer file a class action law suit against them because they are in fraud. They guarantee the best return and protection against auditing, I was audited to my benefit and they did NOT give me the best refund. They offered me the hundred and change for my fees and stated they would "mail me a check within 4 weeks." Now consumers, tell me. Would they wait for you for four weeks to pay them?

Disgruntled,
     Now I know why they give us nicknames...
  • Same roblem!
  • jmcdanielsells:
    Perhaps you have a similar problem but not the "same problem", since 2 different users have posted above, each with different situations.  So it's not clear which one of those two situations your problem is the same as.

In any case, scroll way down the page to the latest answer in the "answer section" to get your answer..
If you look at the page that opens once you've finished filing this is taken directly from that page

"Your Guarantee of Accuracy:
Breathe easy. The calculations on your return are backed with our
100% Accuracy Guarantee.
- We double checked your return for errors along the way.
- We helped with step-by-step guidance to get your answers on the right
IRS forms.
- We made sure you didn't miss a deduction even if something in your life
changed, like a new job, new house - or more kids!"

A guarantee doesn't mean a thing if it's not backed up.

I am a very dissatisfied customer who only received 59% of what turbotax said I would. This talk about "well the government made changes" If a company exists that's primarily focused on taxes and tax returns I would think they would be EXPERTS on the matter.
  • This is a damn rip off....I, like many others was shorted on my Fed Tax Refund...and you all won't have to worry about me anymore...I'm sooooooo thru with this Turbox Tax mess that says you're supposed to get one amount and yet you received much, much less....Oh helll naw !!!!!
  • If the IRS decided to reduce your refund, then they should follow up in 2-3 weeks with a postal letter explaining why.   The letter should also tell you steps you can take if you disagree with their decision, including a contact number for you to phone them if desired.  The following help article will tell you a bit more about possible causes, etc.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894477-why-did-my-federal-tax-refund-decrease-after-i-filed

The IRS website says:
    "Examples that could decrease your refund include math errors, mistakes, delinquent federal taxes, state taxes, child support, student loans, or other delinquent federal nontax obligations, or if the earned income tax credit (EITC) portion of your refund is withheld pending further review."

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri
They're at it again.  I was shorted $1200.  Going to my state AG's's office and the FTC soon as I get home from work.
    jmcdanielsells:

Did you choose to have your TT fees paid out of your Federal refund?  i.e, did you use the refund processing service administed by SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group)?    If so, that can decrease the amount of your refund (by the amount of your TT fees plus the 29.99 service charge for that option.).

If the IRS decreased your Federal refund, however, you should get a postal letter from them in a couple of weeks explaining why your Federal refund is less than what you filed.  The letter should also tell you steps you can take if you disagree with their decision, including a contact number for you to phone them if desired.  The following help article will tell you a bit more about possible causes, etc.

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Tax-Refund/Why-did-my-federal-tax-refund-decrease-after-I-file...

The IRS website says:

i got 600 on a supposed 1800 after fees and state payment.....this is rediculous
      • I got $35 out of a $1200 return. What am I supposed to do?!!?
      • My fiancé received 5000 from turbotax, but the irs said they deposited 7000... Ridiculous!
      • Same deal hear. Irs says they deposited 600, only got 97! What the heck!!!
      • Why hasn't a TurboTax moderator responded to any of these complaints?  Poor service.

I had an similar issue when i was expecting a refund of $2159, according to the IRS Wheres My Refund, and also a letter from the IRS detailing the refund. However I was mortified to discover a deposit of only $306.96 was deposited into my account. I was under the assumption that the company, pe1 sbtpg or TPG: Tax Products Group https://cisc.sbtpg.com <-- Link to company. Had taken my money.

After huffing and puffing, I contacted the IRS and the rep on the phone informed me they did issue the refund however, if you have any other type of federal debt, that amount will be deducted from your deposit before it is even issued to any financial institution.  The IRS does not have this information and it is up to the individual taxpayer to verify if you have any outstanding federal debts. 

To verify Call: 1-800-304-3107, this will let you know if there is any outstanding federal debt.

Hope this helps anybody else

• I was supposed to get $900 and I got a refund for $400 instead. I called the IRS at number 1-800-829-8374 and spoke with [agent] and it turns out I had $500 in outstanding Federal Debt. I had been making $50 payments each month for the previous years taxes that I owed. I guess if you have a payment plan when you owe money for any taxes from previous years and the moment you get a refund then they take it out of that refund. At least I don't have to make any more payments but it does suck because it's something I didn't expect them to do.

I was supposed to get $900 and I got a refund for $400 instead. I called the IRS at number 1-800-829-8374 and it turns out I had $500 in outstanding Federal Debt. I had been making $50 payments each month for the previous years taxes that I owed. I guess if you have a payment plan when you owe money for any taxes from previous years and the moment you get a refund then they take it out of that refund. At least I don't have to make any more payments but it does suck because it's something I didn't expect them to do.