Where is tax file saved?

#1- When I exit TT Deluxe 2011 I am asked do I want to save me file. I always answer YES.
Where is this file saved?

I notice a Turo Tax folder in My Documents with a file in it named:

"2011 (my name) Form 1040  Individual Tax Return.tax2011"

#2- Is this the place where the file is stored?
#4-  Is there anohter place?

#5- When I open my TT, is this the file that TT loads?
    1. the default is My Documents/Turbotax
    2. Yes
    4. No
    5. The .tax2011 files in My Documents/Turbotax are the ones you can select from in the Turbotax startup page.
    • I think I saved my 2008, 2009 and 2010 onto my flash drive, but when I look in the flash drive I see:

2008 and the Type is "TAX2008 File"
      2009 and the Type is "TAX2009 File"
      2010 and the Type is "Tax2010 File"

If I save the file I mentioned above (in My Documents/Turbo Tax folder for 2011) I see:

2011 and the type is "TurboTax 2011 Documenht."

Is this the correct file I am saving? If so, why do the years 2008, 2009 and 2010 show the Type as "TAX2008 File," "TAX2009 File" and "TAX2010 File," while 2011 shows "Turbo Tax 2011 Document?"

Or am I doing something wrong, or did TT change the name of the file that is saved for 2011?
    I just looked at mine. I'm using Windows XP sp3.  Under My Documents in the Turbo Tax folder, all my tax data files like .tax2008 and .tax2009 and .tax2010 and .tax2011 all say Turbo Tax 200x Document.  Starting in 2008 they added the year onto the .tax.  Before then they all just ended in .tax.  I wouldn't worry about the Type Column.  As long as the file name ends in the .tax2008, etc.  In the same folder you should also have the pdf files.  They just end in pdf.
    • Thanks.

Just wondering why the "Type" would have "Document."

"Turbo Tax 2011 Document"

as the saved file