This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

how do i change from basic to free turbo tax

    You can contact TurboTax support to get a code to downgrade to the lower version, contact support at the following website

    Select Starting My Return,  then Other...
    Scroll down to the section "Looking for additional help?" and choose the Help Option with the shortest wait time.

    OR, you other option is to start over with a new UserID in the Free Edition.

    With the Free Edition, you get a free Federal return & efile, if you need to do a State return the cost is 27.95 (efile is included). Make sure you select No Thanks when you are asked to upgrade if you want to stay in the Free Edition.  The Free Edition of TurboTax does not offer transferring a return from the prior year

    You might also want to check out the Tax Freedom Edition, it is based on your income (AGI $31,000 or less) or if you are Active Duty Military (AGI of $57,000 or less), if you qualify can do a Federal return for free & if your state sponsors a free file you can file a State return for free, If your state does not sponsor a Free File Program, you can still prepare and file a state return within the Freedom Edition for only $14.95 (credit card required)

    The States that offer a free file are: AL, AR, AZ, GA, IA, ID, KY, MI, MN, MO, MS, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, RI, SC, VA, VT, WV.
    • I have no money need something free
    • how do i change from basic to free turbo tax
    • why cant i switch from basic to free?
    • I went on the live chat, explained that I wanted the free edition plus the free state filing and was given a code.  So I didn't have to start all over and only had to wait about 5 min. for the live chat rep.