Error occured while checking for Turbo Tax updates-error 5640

After loading the CD and launching the product an error box is displayed "Error occured while checking for TurboTax updates.  We could not  configure the product update system - Error 5640".  I can enter the program but because of the lack of updates it is not usable.  I am also not able to download states due to the import error.
  • gn,

I'd like to connect to your computer to try and resolve the issue.  If you're open to this, then please email (Subject: ttaxreyb) me your phone number and the best times to call (I'm PST).

Thanks,

Rey
    ttax@intuit.com
  • I am having the same problem.  The federal update would not work through Turbo Tax, but did update manually.  But we have tried EVERYTHING to update the state and we get the same error mssg.  Turbo Tax won't download my state (MISS) before it checks for updates first.  What do we do?  Very frustrated.  I can't do it manually either.
  • I'm having the same problem but now I can't open the program.  I've done everything they said to do and it still won't download updates and the "ERROR 5640" keeps coming up.  REALLY FRUSTRATED with this!!!!  I just want to talk to someone to fix it! PLEASE HELP

Bdsn8ke
  • I have purchased older versions of Turbo Tax software for mac and the first one I'm attempting to use is not working. It won't download the state taxes and won't print any of the forms I've prepared with the Turbo Tax program. This is for a mac and the year 2008. Why wouldn't these forms be available?
    Have you in the above posts in this thread fixed these problems/
    Are you able to at least do the state taxes?
  • I have been on hold for 2 hours with TT.  I am getting these error messages also.  I've got to get my taxes printed and nothing will update and allow me to do this.  Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?