K-1 Master Limited Partnership

I received a K-1 for a Master Limited Partnership which shows (on a separate form) several items for line 13 T (13T1-13T4).  I am wondering how to enter this information into Turbotax.  T

The MLP investment is held in a brokerage account and is not part of an IRA or other tax exempt account.

Thanks
    I just reviewed that area. Code T in box 13 is for domestic production activities deduction information.

I entered in an amount on box 13 code T and it didn’t change any amounts on my test return - So I believe that this area captures supporting detail and does not directly affect your tax return.

My guess is that the content or format of your supporting detail is not standard and/or not necessary. I would enter it the best I can and move on.

I have never heard of the IRS adjusting someone’s tax return for these kind of K-1 ‘detail’ issues.
    • It is not hard to figure out where 13T1 to 13T4 go. Sit down, look at the description and you will know where to put the numbers.  The reason you want to fill in the numbers is explained on page 10 of the 1065 Partner's Instructions.  You may get a domestic production activities deduction.  You will need form 8903 to generate the deduction.
    • Thanks pineydog for the advice.  I figured it out for myself a while ago.  BTW, a little advice for you...you should  not tell people to sit down,, it's extremely obnoxious.
    • Sitting down or not, it is not obvious.
    If you start to fill out LIne 13 T in Turbotax, it will automatically provide places to enter amounts for T1, T2, etc.