lawsuit settlement

I received a large settlement on lawsuit. I entered my 1099-mic and it's asking me for a form C.  I don't have a C.  How do I fix this?
    You can enter the 1099-Misc without Turbo Tax asking about a Schedule C.

First, you may need to delete your 1099 and reenter it.

In Turbo Tax online, go to the Home tab, scroll down and click on "Delete a form" link, select the forms you want to delete carefully!

In Turbo Tax, select the Personal tab, click on the Personal Income link, choose "Explore on My Own", then scroll down to Other Common Income / Income from Form 1099-Misc. After you add or edit the 1099-Misc, Turbo Tax will allow you to select Other Income.

I hope this helps!
    • My daughter received a lawsuit settlement for personal injury.  There was no punitive award, and it is structured as a qualified plan.  There is the initial payment that was made in 2011 and that is the subject of my current question.  When I use the 1099-misc as the instructions indicate, it's not clear where an award for only personal injury should be entered?

The help dialogue says "Other income may include amounts you received that are not for services rendered.  For example, the retail value of merchandise won on game shows or punitive damages paid in cases that didn't involve physical injury or sickness would be reported here."