Box 2 on 1098-T

I am claiming my daughter as a dependent.  Box 1 of the 1098-T is empty. Box 2 has an amount billed. I am confused about the question "Tuition and Enrollment Fees NOT on 1098-T.  Do I put the amount she paid for school using this loan money, or is that what box 2 is?  I entered the box 2 in the Tuition and Enrollment Fees, and then left the "Not on a 1098-T" question blank.  It then said we were being taxed for the amount, but we used all that money to pay for school.
i HAD TO GET OUT OF THIS SECTION AND THEN GO BACK IN TO DEDUCTIONS AND CLICK ON THE EDUCATION SECTION AGAIN AND CLICK "EDIT" FOR MY DAUGHTER AND GO BACK THROUGH ALL THE QUESTIONS, THEN IT BROUGHT UP THE OPTION TO ENTER INFORMATION FROM A 1098-T THAT SHE RECEIVED.  IT DID NOT GIVE ME THIS OPTION THE FIRST TIME THROUGH.
  • I have the same question. Confused a bit.
  • Same question--possible answer: Small print at bottom of form notes "Box 1. Shows the total payments received from any source for qualified tuition and related expenses less any related reimbursements or refunds."  In my case, I am a graduate student, so the tuition paid is not *qualified* as tax deductible and box 1 is empty.