Do I send in the revised 1040 with my 1040x?

No, you don't send in the copy of your revised 1040 you keep that for your records, it shows how your return would have looked if you filed like that originally.  You mail in your amended return (1040X) and include any supporting forms or schedules that changed due to the amendment (ex. Schedule A, W2's, 1099(), 1098(), etc)
    • so this means when I print out my ammendment, I just  mail the 1040x and copy of supporting w-2's to the changes... not the other 15 pages printed out from TT :) lol.
    • I still do not understand.  I only added a small amount of interest to my income.  Do I only send in the first page of form 1040 with the new interest amount , plus my old 1040 form?
    • my 1040X has nothing in any of the corrected columns I only needed to ajust a small amout  of intrest I forgot , should there be an amount in The adjust gross income amount  mine blank?
    • If I received a 1099-INT late, and it is the reason why I'm filing an amended return, do I need to mail in the 1099-INT with my 1040x form?
    • Send your 1040X and and forms, schedules, or documents that support the change, (reason you are filing a 1040X).

Assemble any schedules and forms behind Form 1040X in order of the “Attachment Sequence Number.” shown in the upper right corner of the schedule or form. If you have supporting statements, arrange them in the same order as the schedules or forms they support and attach them last. Do not attach correspondence or other items unless required to do so, including a copy of your original return.
      Attach to the front of Form 1040X:
      •A copy of any Forms W-2, W-2c (a corrected Form W-2), and 2439 that support changes made on this return;
      •A copy of any Form W-2G and 1099-R that support changes made on this return, but only if tax was withheld; and
      •A copy of any Forms 1042S, SSA-1042S, RRB-1042S, and 8288-A that support changes made on this return.

Attach to the back of Form 1040X any Form 8805 that supports changes made on this return.
      If you owe tax, enclose (do not attach) your check or money order in the envelope with your amended return.

To pay by check or money order. Send your signed Form 1040X with a check or money order for the full amount payable to the “United States Treasury.” Do not send cash. Do not attach your payment to Form 1040X. Instead, enclose it in the envelope with your amended return. On your payment, put your name, address, daytime phone
      number, and SSN. If you are filing a joint Form 1040X, enter the SSN shown first on the return. Also, enter the tax year and type of return you are amending (for example, “2011 Form 1040”). The IRS will figure any interest due and send you a bill. To pay by credit or debit card or the EFTPS. For information on paying your taxes electronically, including by credit or debit card or the EFTPS, go to www.irs.gov/e-pay