I don't have a Statement of Property TAxes payable in 2012 - what do i do?

If you are not having your property taxes escrowed as part of your mortgage, then contact your local property tax authority (they might even have it online).  If you are having the taxes escrowed, you might want to check with the bank that holds your mortgage first.
    • Are you referring to 2011 or 2012 ?   It is probable that you have not yet received the 2012 statement.
    • I have the same problem.  Why does turbo tax ask for a Statement of Property Taxes in 2012???  I do not have this and have no idea how this affects my return since I can put any value in for "Line 1" and my return does not change at all.
    • I'm in MN and had the same problem. Called our state tax office and they said they had not mailed or posted this info yet. Two days later, on our property tax info website, it was there. Might be the same for your state.
    • You only need to enter this amount if you are trying to get the MN Special Property Tax Refund. In order to qualify for it the following conditions must be met:

you must have owned and lived in the same home on both Jan. 2, 2011, and Jan. 2, 2012;
          the net property tax on your homestead increased by more than 12 percent from 2011 to 2012; and
          the increase is $100 or more and is not attributable to new improvements.

If you didn't meet these qualifications then you wouldn't get it anyway so it doesn't matter what number you put in this box. This was my scenario. I wouldn't know how to actually find the MN 2012 tax info if that wasn't the case.

See this link for more info:
      http://taxes.state.mn.us/prop_refund/pages/refund_information_content_homeowners_refund.aspx