IRS letter 4464C - confused

I filed my taxes on January 26, 2011.  They were accepted on the 27th.  I was expecting the refund to be mailed on February 11, 2011, but WMR stated that I had a procesing delay.  Last week I received on WMR that my check would be mailed on Friday February 25th.  I called 1-800-829-1954 Saturday morning and it stated in fact that my check was mailed on Friday.  I checked the WMR site this morning and it also states that my check was mailed on February 25, 2011.

Today when I went out to check my mail in hopes the refund would be there I had a letter from the IRS, 4464C stating that they are holding my check and reviewing my taxes and that I would either recieve my refund or hear once again from them.   The letter is Dated February 23, 2011.

My question is...is this just a standard letter that went out to everyone that had a "processing delay"?  Or do I need to be concerned that my check was not mailed?  Even tho the WMR and the IRS number states it was mailed on Friday February 25, 2011.

Also how long does it take to have a check mailed to you? When should I receive it??

Thanks All!!!
    The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) accepts most federal tax returns as filed. However, the IRS examines (or audits) some returns to determine if income, expenses, and credits are being reported accurately….If your return is selected for examination, it does not suggest that you made an error or are dishonest. Returns are chosen by computerized screening, by random sample, or by an income document matching program. You should also know that many examinations result in a refund or acceptance of the tax return without change.

SEE website:  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p556.pdf
    • I understand about the 4464C letter, and I was under the "processing delay" category.  But with the WMR site and the hotline stating my check was mailed, does this mean it has been processed and I will receive the check in the next couple of days in the mail?

The letter is dated February 23, and the info updated over the weekend stating my check was mailed.
    • I am in the same boat.  Glad to here I'm not alone.  Please post if your refund arrives in the mail.  Did you call the IRS?
    • No I didn't call the IRS...figure you never get a straight answer anyways...

When are you suppose to receive your refund?  By mail or DD?  and when did you get your letter?
    • I received letter friday 2/25 and it was dated 2/23.  WMR has said since Friday night my refund was mailed.  I hope the letter was just a result of a computer glitch and that WMR is correct and refund was in fact mailed.
    • Me too...I will let you know if I get mine or if WMR site changes info...

Please do the same...lets keep our fingers crossed..
    • I got my refund a month ago and JUST received this letter.
    • I received this letter on 2/5/13, Saying that it was processing, about last month when I check on the irs website, it doesn't even have the ticker anymore just says processing.  My 60 days will be up April 6th.  I am really hoping to get this money, I am depending on it for my down payment for my house.  Contract is in and we are just pretty much waiting.  Not to mention, I was in a car accident where someone totaled my car so I am really in a bind.  I am going to try to call them and say I have an eviction notice and three kids and see what they say.  This is outrageous, maybe we should collect interest on how long we've been waiting to receive our refunds.  I just saw a link off of turbo tax about anyone who is getting a refund of more than 5K is getting these papers saying that they are doing "additional processing"... I don't need this stress, just give me my money so I can move on with my life!!!
    • I just received the same letter today 15 April 2013, but I received my Refund in Feb 2013.  Weird