TurboTax 2011 Hangs on Splash Screen

I installed TurboTax 2011 on a Windows XP SP3 machine. When I start TurboTax it hangs on the splash screen. Evidentally, this has been a known problem since Jan 3. If you Google on "TurboTax 2011 hangs on splash screen," you will see Intuit's statement that this is a known problem and they are "working on it." The post was last updated on Jan 3 and it's now Jan. 27. Does anyone know if a fix has been found? I am very unhappy that I have purchased a program with a major known problem that has not been corrected in over three weeks. I have used TurboTax for years, but now I would just like a refund since I've wasted hours on thiis already and would simply like to purchase a tax preparation program from another company. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • This is happening to me as well.  ANy idea what to do?
Xp machines may have marginal video adapters.

1.Right click the application icon and select "Run as administrator" when first launching the application.This will correctly elevate the permissions
2.Try disconnecting all USB  devices.
3. Verify that the latest version of DirectX is installed on your system.
4.update your Computer's Drivers and firmware.
5. Try DECREASING the acceleration screen resolution.