I earned foreign income. How do I pay Social Security and/or Medicare Taxes?

if you  are a  US citizen/national or a resident  and your tax home is in the USA then your foreign income  is taxed just  other US tax payers -- you pay social security  --- wages entered on line 7 just like having a W-2 but you don't have a W-2  or if self-employed/ business , your schedule C will take care of this using Schedule SE.

If you are a US citizen/nationa/resident  and your tax home is in a foreign land -- then depending on your  status you may be able to exclude a portion of your  earned income -- this excluded portion does not come under the purview of the FICA  ( Social Secuirty-Medicare ) taxes.  You can always choose to not exclude foreign earned income, take   foreign taxes paid credit and thus  have your income come under the purview of the FICA or Self Employment Taxes.

Please tell more about your situation, the country concerned, and the tpe of earning
    • The Country is Canada.  I live and reside in Canada.  I have Permanent Resident status in the U.S., however.  I maintain a residence in the  States as well.  The earnings are from my practice - architecture.  My business is very small and specialized.  I do not earn gross excessive amounts - under $60,000.  Deductions are average
    you might be interested in this publication about the US-Canada tax treaty:
    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p597.pdf