This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

The wmr states that my refund has in offset does that mean they are going to take it all? I have student loans unpaid over 20+

Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 1, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 6, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 6, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
Tax Topic 203, Refund Offsets for unpaid child support and certain federal, state, and unemployment compensation debts
Please Note:
Your refund may be reduced to pay a past due obligation such as child support, another federal agency debt, or state income tax. If this applies to you, the Financial Management Service, who issues IRS refunds, will send you a notice informing you of any offset they have made. The details of the debt are not provided to the IRS. Please do not call us to inquire about the details because we will not be able to answer your questions. Instead, direct any questions you have about the offset or debt to the agency identified on the notice.
  • Treasury Offset Program Call Center
    (800) 304-310

Call and find out. Good luck!

Its automated, so you can call at any time.
  • Thank you I have called that number but it does not tell me how much they are keeping of my refund. :-(
They will take the full amount owed and refund you difference,
    You're going to get the difference of whatever you owe.
    • @shemae don't feel bad they took almost all of my refund too.
    • Shemae - Mine said the same thing, but I knew how much I owed & that my refund would exceed the amount.  They gave me an actual amount of what is being refunded to me.

Your refund has been reduced to pay a past due IRS tax obligation.

The balance of your refund, $x,xxx.xx, is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 1, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 6, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 6, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

Sorry, but I would guess they took the entire thing.
    It will not tell you how much. It just tells you that you have offsets. If you owe child support you will need to call them and THEY will tell you how much, same foes for student loans and if you have been sued and have a judgement against you then you should have court papers with that info.
    • Thanks guys but, I think they took it all because I have not been able to pay on my student loans and when I called they said it went to a collection agency and gave me the number. They said I owed like $20,000+ So I am sure they took it all. Even when I call the WMR hotline it tells me the same thing. Feb 1 is deposit date. but no amount. Why would they even tell me they are going to make deposit if there is nothing to make? GGGGR life sucks
    • OK so I just called that Offset number again 800-304-3107 and now they said they took the whole $6945. and apllied to my offset. GGGR
    • Shemae, I know it sucks to not have the refund to splurge with or pay other bills, but at least this debt is being paid off. That is a good thing.
    • Is the Treasury Offset Call Center ALWAYS having a large call volume and the automated system too busy to answer your call?
    • I can't get through to the offset number either today. Tried over and over and over and over again. No luck at all! If anyone knows a different number or website info?
    • im in the same boat I go to wmr it says feb 1 dd and shows my total amount I dint no if they have taken them all yet im assuming they will but the wmr site shouldnt get your hopes up lol
    The IRS will take as much of your refund as is necessary to pay the debt,up to and including all of your refund.
    • ok thanks guys. I was afraid of that. bummer. no refund for me.