How many tax returns can I file

Paying for the turbo tax deluxe entitles me to file for more than one tax return or can I file for the 5 people in my family?
    With the on-line version, you can only prepare one return per account.

With the desktop version, you can prepare any number of returns, but can only e-file five of them.  The "five" limit is an IRS limit, not a Turbotax limit.

If I was preparing multiple returns, I would always use the desktop version.
    • I sure wish that was made clear before I purchased the on-line version. Last year I bought the CD version and was able to do my Dad's and friends. Then this year I buy the on-line version for the same damn price and I only now find out that I can only prepare one return. That's extremely irritating and misleading
    • Agreed.  The online version saves TURBOTAX money - and screwed me.  Wow.
    Contact Customer Service and ask if they can switch you to the downloaded Desktop program if you already paid for online.  If you haven't paid for online yet you can buy the Desktop program and transfer your return into it and continue.  You can contact Customer Service hereā€¦
    https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp