How do I enter California domicile information?

I'm domiciled in California but live overseas. I qualify for CA's safe harbor and can file as a non-resident, but turbo tax does not give me a screen where I can indicate days spent in California and/or indicate how much of my income is from CA sources (in my case, none).  TT indicates I am filing a non resident return,  but is treating all of my income as sourced from California.  Why is this?

Answer

1 person found this helpful

It looks like this hasn't been addressed in a while.  TurboTaxAnita indicated that a change was made, but someone marked it as unhelpful.  Can anyone confirm that they've successfully used TT to file as a CA nonresident with NO CA sourced income under the safe harbor provision (thereby making themselves exempt from CA income taxes)?  I plan to attempt my taxes using TT soon and would like to know exactly what to expect.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
3 additional answers

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community