This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

Is University Bank real or a scam?

This is our first year using turbo tax.  I am curious as to why I received a cashier check from University Bank instead of the actual IRS?   Is this real or a scam?
    When you have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund the University National Bank of Saint Paul, MN handles that transaction.  If your banking information was incorrect where they could not deposit your refund into your bank account then they would send you a check.  

If you have any questions you can call their customer service Live Taxpayer Support: 1-877-908-7228
    https://cisc.sbtpg.com/contact.aspx
    • Ok this cashier check is out of California, even our bank is leery about it.  So we should not worry about it, it's safe to go ahead and deposit?  Thanks so much for your reply!
    You can call their customer service number if you want to verify the check, the check should be in the amount of your refund you were expecting (minus the TurboTax fees/plus tax).  Live Taxpayer Support: 1-877-908-7228
    • NO THIS IS A REAL BANK ITS A CASHIER CHECK AND YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE CHECK CASHING STORE THEY WILL CALL THAT 800 # TO VERIFY AND GET CODE TO CASH CHECK
    • Thank you all, I am on the phone with Turbo tax right now finding out, lol.  Better safe then sorry :)  Thank you all again so much!
    • turbo tax is holding the card with my refund on it and they refuse to give me any info of when i will get my card with my money on it they need to be prosecuted and shut down i have used them for three years me and my whole family and friends i will let all my family and friends know not to use turbo tax as they will steal your money and they have had mine over 2 weeks about
    • This National Bank of St Paul is a total scam.  When I submitted my final taxes, I got this friendly offer from TurboTax saying they can just deduct my TurboTax purchase of $29.99 from my refund check.  Next thing you know, this frickin bank is charging me $29.95 for their "services".  I contacted their Customer Service, and they claim there were FOUR notifications warning me that I would be charged this fe.. I guarantee you that's total BS.  I will never use Turbo Tax again for my tax returns.
    • I got hosed with the same deal.  There was not any notification of the 29.99 charge until I was ready to e-file. I tried backing out to a much earlier point to avoid the 29.99 charge but I was locked in.  I was invested in the process already to $60 for software and another $20 to efile state return before the bogus $29.99 fee popped up, not to mention all the time I already had invested in filling out the forms.  This, to me, is nothing but a scam and it gives TurboTax a bad rep.   jm