If I have Turbo tax deluxe, how much additional will it cost me to do an additional state filing?

I have asked the on-line community and the responses vary from "you get 5 for free" to $39.99.  I paid $49.99 for the Deluxe CD (providing federal and one state return).  I think $39.99 is a little steep for one additional state.
    By additional states do you mean a difference state or additional returns using the same state?  By different state we assume you mean a different state from the actual state program you downloaded. Like if you downloaded California as your first state program and now need to do a state return for Nevada. As opposed to a state return for a different person.

You can do unlimited state returns in the same state but each state return is 19.95 to efile but it is free to print and mail.

Hope that clears it up.
      The Deluxe version of TurboTax provides the free download of a TurboTax state product. The state product enables the preparation of a state tax return. There is a $19.95 fee to e-file a state tax return (Note that the fee is subject to change without notice). You can mail the state tax return for the cost of the postage.

You can review all of the TurboTax fees from the TurboTax homepage:
      http://turbotax.com
      • Yes, but why is ONE additional state almost as much as I paid for both a state and federal return.
      • Yes it appears that way.  In some cases, where the base software is discounted, it may be more expensive to buy the state version than the base Federal.  Also at times they want $39.99 for the state, other times its $36.99.  Not sure how that works.
      • The only answer you can count on receiving from the "Pro" regarding cost for additional states is: NO DIRECT ANSWER. Apparently they change the cost for additional states as the filing date approaches. I believe Intuit thinks TT customers don't care what they pay (my extra state download is $44.95 each, the most I've ever seen). After 20 years of buying and using TT, I'm going to switch next year, since after researchng it, the others can all import my previous returns without problems.