Form CSA 1099R, Statement of Annuity Paid - Oklahoma Federal retirees

As a Federal retiree, I received Form CAS 1099R, statement of annuity paid.  When I checked that that was the type of 1099R I received, Turbo Tax deleted the 80% annuity reduction that Oklahoma gives Federal retirees (even though later I identified that this was civil service annuity in lieu of social security).  You have to identify this as a plan 1099-R to get the reduction.
    brendalenz,

Yes, you can enter a 1099R in TurboTax.  You'll need to input it for your federal tax return, and it goes into the income section.  It will then transfer over to your Oklahoma tax return.
      Dear sputsmama,

It seems to be working fine on the facts provided. Would you please go back to the federal return and review your entries? Remember that in order to get a deduction on your retirement income in OK, this income must have been taxable to start with. So, what I would like you to do is to go back to your CSA-1099-R and see if there is an amount in box 2a. Make sure you input that amount in the program. Then, when go to your OK return you will see that it comes pre-checked under "civil service" and the program will automatically calculate your deductions.

I hope this helps!
      • Box 2a shows the taxable amount of my annuity and the OK refund decreased (even though I had clicked "Civil Service in lieu of Social Security".  I did go to the OK dialogue and it brought up a page "tell us about your retirement pension benefits" - when I clicked Civil Service there, it increased to what I was expecting.  Thanks.
      • Need to in put a 1099R can I do it on turbo tax?