TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

can i file someone elses taxes

can ifile some eleses taxes using the same e-mail address?
    Yes, you can use the same email address for someone's return to have their notification sent to BUT you cannot use the same UserID to prepare another return.
    • OK, so I did file under same email - first was completed but not transmitted due to waiting on a form (2/9 form should be ready - something about enviro friendly cars) So a few days later I completed daughters return (same email - diff password)  Now when I try to log into mine (just takes me to hers!) I cant find it at all. Did it seriously overwrite it?? Do I have to start all over again?
    no, you would need to create a new account. Otherwise you will overwrite the existing return.
    The desktop version would allow you to prepare more than 1 return without overwriting.
    • I do multiple taxes on my email address as long as everyone each has there own sign in name...
    ThinkImScrewed:  Did you use the same UserID for both returns? If you did then your daughter's return overwrote yours.  You can use the same email address on a return BUT you cannot use the same UserID.  For the online version of TurboTax, you can file one return per UserID.  To do additional returns you would have to create a new UserID and pay for each new return.

Similar questions other people found helpful: