Why is my refund being mailed instead of direct deposited.

I e-filed for direct deposit on Jan. 20th. IRS said it would be direct deposited on Feb. 8th. Now it is saying my CHECK  will be mailed Feb 11th. Why is it being mailed instead of direct deposited?
  • This sounds exactly like mine. I was due for a direct deposit on feb 4, and now its being mailed on feb 11. I spoke with a rep from irs and he advised that when they looked in my file they didnt see where a direct deposit was initatilized or set up. After overlooking my paperwork, I'am showing where I did in fact put all my bank information to be direct deposited. Its very strange.
  • Same thing happened to me deposit was to be on Feb 4 now wmr is telling me that a check will be mailed on Feb 11. I too called the IRS and they have no info that I submitted direct deposit. Did you also elect to have to have the fees taking out of your refund?
  • I checked with the irs and they stated that I was not set up for my refund to be direct deposited into my account. So Turbotax messed up somewhere in the process.
  • This is EXACTLY what happened to ,me today!!!! I was supposed to have my direct deposit on Feb 4th, now the IRS says they are mailing a check because my return does not indicate direct deposit, when in fact i know it did because i printed it out and it had all the info on there. I dont know whose mistake this is but im ticked cause the IRS says they cant fix it....I will not use Turbo Tax again if they dont get this corrected!
  • I am on hold with the IRS right now. TurboTax better fix this or I will not use them anymore either. I am sure that I am not the only one that counted on having that money 2 days from now! Did anyone else notice that TurboTax has not answered this question yet?
  • This bull I need my rfund for bills!!
  • Greetings. I don't have an answer at this time. I will look into this, however.

Did any of you change things during the print and file section after initially selecting direct deposit?

I'll watch this thread and if I get pertinent information i'll respond asap.
  • I did not change anything!
  • No, I did not change anything. One thing I will change is I will never use Turbo Tax again if this problem does not get corrected.
  • I'm wondering if this had to do only with refunds for Feb4th. ?
  • This is the same scenario with me.  This is unacceptable.  I would not knowingly place my bank account information onto this site for EFT if they cannot transmit their information appropriately.  Why is it that Turbo Tax still has "NO ANSWER," when its obvious that they have created a huge issue for more than just a few of its customers?  Same scenario here- 2/4 direct deposit, now saying a check on 2/11.  UNFAIR!!
  • No I did not change absolutely anything! And I printed out my copy and it has all my banking information on there. Is this some kind of scam, is someone stealing my banking information? It makes me wonder. And it TICKS me off! I will never use turbo tax again if this isnt corrected. I think turbo tax should have to issue our money and they can wait on the dang checks.....And funny how if all our checks are mailed to us then none of the fees will be deducted.....?????
Same here filed Feb 25 DD was supposed to be FEB 4th Changed to being mailed FEB 11 this morning.
Here is what I did find out . Doesnt change the fact that I was expecting the money in 2 days..

If they mail your check its coming straight from the IRS you will get the full amount no fees deducted. Someone dropped the ball weather it was turbo tax or the IRS. IRS states that the recieved my tax return stating that it was a paper check and turbo tax said they sent it as a DD. So who knows. But neither Turbo Tax or the Bank is going to get any fees.  I called the university bank 877-908-7228 and they told me that they were going to have someone look into it. But as it stands they are not getting any other their fees 29.95 from us and they promised to pay turbo tax their fees of 29.95 or more. Turbo tax said they would not bill me. And the IRS said that they are mailing it out to my home address. The University bank said that they would try to resolve this issue. You would think that they would want to otherwise the are losing out on all this money. You should try and call The University Bank 877-908-7228 they are the ones that will most likely get to the bottom of the issue as they are the ones with the most to lose. I was told to call back later tonight. So I will keep every one posted.
  • Where's my refund originally said that mine was to be deposited on 1/04 then 1/08 and now today it says to be  mailed 1/11. The IRS can not use the excuse that they overlooked line 74 stating that it was to be direct deposited. I checked with my Bank this morning just to be sure I had the correct routing number and account number. Yes, it is correct. I have used Turbo Tax for five years without any problems. Very disappointing to say the least.
  • I called the bank that takes the fees out for turbo tax, they told me that I am still scheduled for DD on Feb 4.  They also told me that they get their info staight from the IRS. They also said the IRS WMR is messed up . So I am goin to called the bank back tomorrow because they should have my refund and it should be processing with them. Keep my fingers crossed!!!
  • I am having the same issue. One thing I do not understand is the Santa Barbara website still says that my dd will be on the 4th of Feb, and the IRS say a check will be mailed to me on the 11th. Too much conflicting informations here. I too did not change a thing after I e filed my taxes. I don't seem to be able to even talk to a live person when calling the IRS. Can anyone please give me a correct number for a live person???
  • This is the number that I called. However, I was unable to get through. 800-8259-0582 x462
  • Even if the IRS WMR is messed up I spoke with a live person and they told me that they are physically mailing my check to my home address and than verified the address for where the plan to mail the check. I hope its not the case I was looking foreward to my refund sooner. This is the number I used to contact the IRS 800-829-1040
  • I have called everyone involved and they are all about as useless at tits on a boar hog! Im chatting with a TT rep now..... I spoke with IRS and they say that there is no place that indicates DD and no banking info is on there....so what did TT do with ALL of our banking info?? They say there is nothing they can do, that it will be mailed. And TT told me the IRS gave me an erroneous answer....ARE you serious???? Something is going on and I WILL get to the bottom of it cause Im one ticked off momma now!
  • 1-800-829-1040 and You WILL wait at least 35-40 minutes
  • I called 800-829-1040 and was transfered to 3 departments and spent over 1 hour on hold. They told me the same thing. But they added that the bank account info that TT provided was transposed from the same account that I used last year.  That they are mailing my refund and that it is the full amount. It serves TT right to not get paid!

Why still no answer TT?
  • Below is my chat with Turbo Tax.......
    Nichole Warren: As you can see i am very upset which from reading TT Live community Im obviously not the only one
    13_Donna Z: What kind of problems are you having?
    Nichole Warren: The IRS says that my return does not indicate direct deposit. When in fact I know that it did. So now im wondering did turbo tax fraud me for my account info????Along with everyone else who seems to be having the same problem
    13_Donna Z: When you check the status of your return what is that showing, please?
    Nichole Warren: I not only checked it but i spoke with the IRS and they say my check will be MAILED feb 11th. Now im pissed because it was supposed to be direct deposit on feb 4th.....thats what yall said and santa barbara tax products.....but evidentally somewhere yall messed up. If you look on yalls website you have hundreds of upset customers right now!@
    13_Donna Z: One moment please, let me check on that
    13_Donna Z: I'm' checking several things, Thank you for your patience.
    Nichole Warren: Sure, thank you
    13_Donna Z: Checking with next level, give us just a moment please
    13_Donna Z: sorry this is taking so long, want to get you the correct information
    Nichole Warren: no problem
    13_Donna Z: they are telling me it is an issue with the IRS deciding to mail the return
    Nichole Warren: Thats not true though. THe IRS said YAll did not include any information for the direct deposit. And many others who filed with turbo tax are having the exact same issue. Yall need to get to the bottom of this and get it resolved before you lose a lot of customers....and yall wont get paid for any of these returns....
    Nichole Warren: It was not the decision of the IRS, it was a mistake of Turbo Tax somewhere
    13_Donna Z: On yourreturn that you printed out can you see the direct deposit?
    Nichole Warren: Yes I can but the IRS says they cant. They said yall did something incorrectly. And its not just me its many customers
    13_Donna Z: Ok let me check some more here and see what we can find out
    13_Donna Z: Checking to see if the issues has been escalated to technical support, thanks for all your patience
    Nichole Warren: sure, i dont mean to sound rude to you personally, i appreciate your help i am just very aggravated at the situation to say the least. I should have my refund by friday in my account and now thats all screwed up....that really messes me up
    13_Donna Z: I understand, it is very frustrating, I've been checking with the technicians and this seem to have just started being an issue they are researching the problem, I can't say how long it will take to find the preoblem and get it corrected. but they are aware of it now.
    Nichole Warren: So for those of us who got screwed this time, we are just out of luck? Or is Turbo Tax gonna make sure we get our money via dd when we were promised?
    Nichole Warren: And now all of our banking info is just out there, who knows where
    13_Donna Z: The servers we use to transmit are all high quality secure severs so you information is safe, it is just an issue why the IRS is not seeing your Direct deposit information.
    Nichole Warren: Okay so will this be direct deposited or wont it?
    13_Donna Z: turbo tax guarantees the calculations, once the return goes to the IRS it is out of our hands. You used the deluxe online version correct?
    Nichole Warren: Yes i did. So you are telling me that because of a problem or mistake on Turbo Taxes fault, now i will not get direct deposit???? You cant fix this?
    Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....
    Connection closed due to network problems.
  • @Nichole1981- How do you chat with TT?
  • I went to their website, click contact us...then you have to select already filed at the top...eventually at the lower part of the page you can click chat with us.......the wait is like 30 min....Its ridiculous!
  • Here it what I have concluded. TT trasmitts our taxes to the bank the deducts r fees and pays them and a second is transmitted to the IRS. When u call the IRS they only look at what their computer says not at ur actual tax return that was transmitted the bank says the transmissions went through fine but that the system the reps r using at the IRS is messed up.  
    I trust wHat the bank has to say because if they r wrong they r the ones that lose they r the ones that have to pay TT there fees and they lose ther 29.95 as well. I spoke to someone that said the were trying to help the IRS correct the website info. She also sais that the got a DD in that the person was told on the IRS website that it was being mnailed also. They have a lot to lose if they r wrong. Hope this helps and gives u hope. But they say they r supposes to be on time.  Typed this on my phone sry for the bad grammer
  • After almost two hours, here is what I got. basically its a "it's not our fault, must be someone elses fault" answer

You have been connected to 04_Donald W.
    Toni Withey: are you there?
    04_Donald W: Hello Toni, thank you for contacting TurboTax, please allow me a moment to read your question?
    Toni Withey: k
    04_Donald W: Thank you for holding Toni. I understand the bank account info you entered into Turbotax was incorrect, and now you are being mailed a paper check.
    Toni Withey: I didnt change the account info from last year, and I verified that it was correct. I looked on the forms that I have and it is correct. there are a lot of other people that used your software that are having the same problem. This IS NOT my error, it is Turbo Tax's error. I need this fixed!
    Toni Withey: Hello?
    04_Donald W: Hello.
    04_Donald W: sorry for the delay.
    Toni Withey: Do you mean the delay in responding to me or the delay in my refund?
    04_Donald W: Did you file using the online software?
    Toni Withey: Yes, the same as I have for the last 3-4 years with the same bank account
    04_Donald W: Did you enter in the correct electronic routing number?
    Toni Withey: Like I said, I did not change anything from last year and I verified with my bank before filing that what was in your system was correcr
    04_Donald W: The info you entered is the info that was sent to the IRS.
    Toni Withey: When I called the IRS, they said that the info that they received was different from the prior years. I cannot believe that all of these other people somehow entered theirs incorrectly(even though I DIDN'T change ANYTHING) I understand that you personally didn't cause this issue but I need to know what is goingto be done to fix it.
    04_Donald W: What did the IRS say on this issue?
    Toni Withey: That the numbers were transposed from prior years.
    04_Donald W: Log onto your bank account for me please.
    04_Donald W: Look up your banks electronic routing number and compare it to the number you have in your return.
    Toni Withey: why?
    Toni Withey: The routing number is correct
    04_Donald W: One moment please. let me check to see if I have anything in our support site about this.
    Toni Withey: Thank you for looking
    04_Donald W: No problem.
    Toni Withey: anything yet?
    04_Donald W: No I am waiting to speak to one of my tier 2 agents on the matter.
    04_Donald W: did the IRS say that the info they got was different then the info showing on your return?
    Toni Withey: yes
    04_Donald W: I am now speaking with tier 3 on the issue. I will have an answer for you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
    04_Donald W: You chose to have you fees taken out of you return correct?
    Toni Withey: yes
    04_Donald W: Can I get your email address please?
    Toni Withey: toni@oaktreeam.com
    04_Donald W: And your zip code?
    Toni Withey: 97526
    04_Donald W: Thank you.
    Toni Withey: is that info helpful?
    04_Donald W: Yes Tier 3 is asking for it.
    04_Donald W: Ok we have submitted the issue to our tier 3 agents, and to the CSI team. They said they are looking into this issue.
    04_Donald W: Did you use the online version or the desktop?
    Toni Withey: online
    04_Donald W: What version?
    Toni Withey: home and business. but lots of people that used deluxe are having issues too
    04_Donald W: Lots of people who had there fees taken out of there returns are having this issue.
    04_Donald W: There is some kind of mix up from the IRS and then bank who handles the fee transactions. But they did not explain to me that much.
    Toni Withey: I have done it this way for years and never had this issue
    Toni Withey: Is there any way to fix it?
    04_Donald W: When was your return accepted?
    Toni Withey: Monday, January 24th
    04_Donald W: There is no way to fix it on our end.
    04_Donald W: You will need to contact the IRS on that. You could also try contacting the Santa Barbra Bank & Trust.
    04_Donald W: SBBT - 1-877-908-7228
    Toni Withey: What about all of us that were effected? I did contact the IRS and Santa Barbara bank and they said it is because your system fouled up in the e file
  • This is a dang joke....No one involved has any answers! What are we suppose to do, just wait and see where our money ends up??
  • Here is the resolution

04_Donald W: I have very good news for you Tonisha.
    Toni Withey: ok?
    04_Donald W: You are going to get your direct deposit.
    04_Donald W: I just got the word from my higher ups that this issue has been delt with and you WILL be recieving you direct deposit.
    Toni Withey: God, I hope so!
    04_Donald W: I dont know all the details, but I have submited your info to my tier 3 agents and you should recieve a email shortly explaining what happened.
    Toni Withey: Thank you.
    04_Donald W: Thank you for your patience.
  • Thats great....I just wonder if they are going to fix the problem for everyone........
  • As of now, according to TT and Santa Barbara, it has been fixed. They said to check WMR again tomorrow and it should go back to Friday. All I can do is watch and wait and hope that I get that money on Friday. If not I will be contacting all of them again!

Good Luck!!!!!
  • I was told that everyone is getting their direct deposit that the mistake is on the IRS website it is going in as a direct deposit but it is telling the reps on their system and online for us to see that it is being mailed. The reps at the IRS don't even look at our taxes. The same system that is telling the website its being mailed is the same system that is telling the IRS reps the same thing. But regardless of that glitch I was told that everyone is getting their direct deposit and it should show up on the banks website by Friday so that they can release the funds to us.
  • That's sounds great!  Thank you to all of you who had the patience and time to research and get to the bottom of the problem. Let's just pray that it happens.
  • I found this link that might bring all of us some hope!

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/go/SLN45513
  • Well, I guess I'm here too because of the same problem. It is so disheartening that so there has been so many problems with Turbo Tax this year. I'm a pretty patient person and I needlessly waited  for a form that I didn't need and couldn't delete from my file, the 4562.

Now, my direct deposit information wasn't even transmitted to the IRS is what it sounds like. Turbo Tax says we may have put in the wrong information... don't they realize we're too broke to be making mistakes like that??!! Everytime I file I go over and over everything to be sure everything goes through the way it should.

I'm very disappointed in Turbo Tax. Is there anything they can do since they are the middle man? Can they fix this?
  • That GENERIC link is about as helpful as a monkey with skates on!!!!  If TURBO TAX refuses to acknowledge "THEIR" faulty transmittals then they are DOOMED to continue doing the same crap!!!! it really is buggin the heck outta me to see these ridiculous answers that their techs are posting BLAMING everybody but themselves!!! at work im checking with my co workers who filed online and about 10 didnt use TT and guess what NO DIRECT DEPOSIT ISSUES...me and my cousin and her brothers ALL HAD ISSUES...guess what we used TT...wow wonder why???
  • Well I was on the phone with TT for over an hour and a half last night...while the rep was very nice, I still got no solution......TT says everything on their end is good, which I have the paperwork to prove but the IRS says they never got DD info.....No one is taking responsibility,no one is fixing the problem......
    Im so frustrated, but those of you who are having the same issue,, if you see a change in your refund status or you actually get your Direct deposit, please update us and I will do the same. Thank you all
  • There are people that should of had their DD on 1/28 and still nothing! I guess I will be waiting for ther check in the mail! This is BS will not be using Turbo Tax again will be going back to H&R Block!!!!!
  • Okay guys... I've talked to everyone!! I've called Turbo Tax which they were of no use and said we should still be able to get the refund by the date you were supposed to.

I've called the IRS and they have no records of any bank account information. Really what could they do?

I called the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group and she explained that they get their returns in a lump sum to their account. Meaning there may be a chance that we'll still receive our refunds on the day promised. In other words even though the IRS doesn't have our personal account information the bank does and they can distribute the monies.

Pretty much we have to hurry up and wait.

What I don't understand is how in the world does the bank have our account information and the IRS doesn't. Turbo Tax sends our bank account information to the IRS then the IRS sends the information to the bank. So how is it the bank and turbo tax has the information but not the IRS?

That is the question!!!!

I just wanted this issue resolved already. I've been on the phone for 3 hours. Just so everyone knows what's going on. Nobody seems to know what's going on. It's frustrating for everyone. If you can make yourself heard not only here but call and speak with someone live. The Santa Barbara Tax Products Group are documenting everyone with this problem also.
  • i too have been on the phone all day and you are correct turbo tax had no useful information their only response is we are working on it and you will be notified when there is a resolution....I even threated to start a class action law suite for services that were not provided! The irs insistes they have no dd information with my return yet the SBB says that I should have my money deposited tomorrow I too do not understand how this could be if the IRS does not have any DD info. TT is providing the most pathetic excuse for cutomer service that I have ever encountered.......I am sure that in this economy I am not the only person who was expecting my refund for meer survival!
  • Just talked to SBTG and now my refund status has changed on their site too! It says that the IRS did not seposit my funds as originally expected....usually deposited within 9-16 days and that did not occur...Thats a total lie because it hasnt even been 9 days and the expected date was the 4th which is tomorrow! These people do not know what the heck they are talking about! Im so sick of getting the run around from everyone involved. I started using TT to avoid paying an accountant but now I think the money would have been worth it!
  • Found on http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/turbo-tax-2010-filing-year-c416400.html

I wanted to report that Turbo Tax had a major glitch in their system for people who used the program and had their refunds direct deposited to their account. Turbo tax is trying to keep this quiet but it’s a major problem. Basically everyone who wanted to have their refunds direct deposited is now going to be getting a live check from the IRS. Turbo tax did not inform anyone who used the program of this problem. I stumbled upon this problem last night when checking the status of my Federal refund at the “Where’s My Refund” link I found at the IRS website. I was surprised to see that it said a hard check is going to be mailed. I then contacted the IRS and they told me that my return didn’t have any banking information (Account number and routing number to my checking account at Bank of America) even though the printed copy of my return clearly has that information. I then contacted turbo tax, stayed on hold for more than an hour, and was then told by the representative that turbo tax had a major glitch and that they are trying to resolve this issue. They could not say how they were going to resolve this problem and basically was told I would just have to wait. It’s a widespread problem now since they even created a link for people affected by this to sign up their contact information so they can be contacted by Turbo tax. They said 24 hours but I have not received a call or email from them yet. I will include the link below.

I am hopeful that Fox News will do a segment on this on the news or online. I think it’s unfair for Turbo tax users to pay all of those fees for Turbo tax to just basically screw them and not notify them of this major problem. I am hopeful that once this information is brought to the public that they will then be forced to take action to correct the problem. I am moving overseas in 2 days and will be living overseas permanently. I have no forwarding address here in the US and mail is not forwarded overseas by the USPS. I have no idea now what’s going to happen to that live check being mailed now by the IRS and how I am supposed to pay to call Turbo Tax and the IRS to find a solution to get the money deposited into my account.

Click on the link and share with others.
  • Here is the email that I just got. At least we dont have to pay the fees. Not like they could get them from me anyway!

You recently used TurboTax to file your 2010 tax return. At that time, you elected to pay your TurboTax fees from your federal tax refund and have the rest of your refund directly deposited into your bank account.

The IRS has successfully processed your return. However, as a result of a TurboTax processing error, the IRS is unable to direct deposit your refund. Instead, you will receive your refund by check in the mail.

The IRS will mail your check approximately one week after the day you were scheduled for direct deposit. Depending on when you filed your return, you may have already received your refund check by mail. If not, you can check the status of your refund at www.irs.gov by clicking on the "Where's My Refund?” link.

We apologize for the inconvenience and unanticipated delay. Of course, we are waiving all your TurboTax fees.

We understand that getting your maximum refund back fast is one of the reasons you choose TurboTax. We know we must do better to meet your expectations. Please be assured that we have fixed the error and taken steps to ensure this does not happen again.

If you have any questions, please let us know. You can reach us at 800-624-2088 or via the Contact Us link at www.turbotax.com.

Bob Meighan

VP, TurboTax
  • Here is the email that I just received:

Dear Gina R York,

Bob Meighan

VP, TurboTax
  • I got the dreaded email from TT VP Bob Meighan.  This stinks but I'm over it already.  Good luck everyone.
  • We also had the same issue with our direct deposit.  Does anyone know how long the check will take to arrive if they are mailed on the 11th?
  • For the people who checks were mailed on the 11th did you get them yet? I want to know how fast I will get my check
  • I will let you know when I get mine supposed to be mailed out tomorrow. I know that for some that were supposed to get their checks DD on the 28th Received paper checks in the mail on FEB 2nd so im hopping I will get mine before or on the 15th.
  • I talked to the IRS and they said that checks that are mailed on Friday, usually everyone has them by the middle of the following week. They are sent from Kansas, so it's the middle of the country.
  • has anyone recieved their refund yet?
  • I got my check in the mail today, it was sent out on Feb 11.
  • I got mine today too!
  • I got mine yesterday in Minnesota.
  • I haven't received mine yet. Maybe because I live in Texas. Hopefully it will be in my mailbox when I get home from work today.
  • I'm having this issue regarding my State refund in AZ.  Anyone else on the State side?
  • yeah,