AGI & PIN

I have adjusted my AGI and called the IRS# provided. It says I do not need a pin and to enter zero. Turbo tax will not accept that. My return keeps getting rejected. I don't know what to do

Answer

4 people found this helpful

(Before I provide what I would like to believe is a good answer, realize that in order to change or enter the AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) from last year, you must go through the e-filing process again. Turbo Tax will not charge you twice so do not feel hesitant to file again! Yes, you heard me right, if all your other errors are corrected, the AGI area to change or update can only come by going through the efile process again! Therefore, commence to e-filing again if all other errors have been addressed and this option (2009 AGI) as well as the option to remove the pin that may have been rejected likewise will appear. This should be especially, for the people whom have been told on the IRS recording that you do not need an electronic filing pin- only to enter AGI as zero!)

Hello There:

I know this process seems extremely frustrating yet I almost made the same mistake of placing the '0' in the pin field. But that is not what the IRS recording says actually. What it says is that you should enter '0' as the prior year's AGI!  I know, it's a bit tricky. What I did was removed any pin by clicking the (edit) button just below where it confirms your banking information. And I chose to identify myself by last year's AGI which happened to be what the IRS told me to put on their recording at; 1-866-704-7388 which happened to be '0'. I know it's confusing but listen closely and all will make sense.

It said no pin is required so I definitely wanted to make sure the PIN box was empty and the AGI (how I chose to identify myself) was entered as zero!

Hope this helps.

Doc
Was this answer helpful? Yes No
3 additional answers

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community