MN M1PR Form

Turbo Tax gives me NO state property tax refund by asking one questions that is NOT in the official MN Property Tax Refund booklet; when I complete the same M1PR form by hand using the official MN Property Tax Refund booklet and details I get a refund, like I have received, for the past 15 years... help please on why the huge difference for the first time in 15 years!
  • Why does the 2012 Turbo Tax (MN) not have the M1PR prepared for mailing. When return printed, the M1PR has "do not file" across the form?
  • The service here is sad. Seriously. Why does it have "do not file" across it?
  • Hi - This is a string that is 11months old and pertains to the 2011 Tax Year.  I am researching why the form is stating that.  But, I believe you have to mail it in and it can't be e-filed with Turbo Tax.  I am checking.....thanks.
  • Did you finish checking?  I just did MN taxes and the form never came up.  What is going on?
Chad is correct, TurboTax is calculating incorrectly... it's a program issue with their calculations.  I wasted my time and did everything long-hand, and paid someone else to review my federal and state, and TurboTax is incorrect - I want my money back!!
    chad.  - have your reviewed your entries and looked at the forms to see if the credit is showing on the Form M1PR?
      Have you gone "completely" through the state software area?  The information for the M1PR is past the normal state income tax questions.  It will seem as though you are done and even do a summary of your MN tax information.  But, you will need to continue further past that to get to the M1PR questions.
      • It seems the M1PR form for MN has been programmed incorrectly. According to this pdf: http://taxes.state.mn.us/Forms_and_Instructions/m1pr_inst_11.pdf I qualify for the 'regular property tax refund', I do not however qualify for the 'special property tax refund'. There is no indication in the TurboTax software after entering all the required information that tells me I qualify for the regular property tax refund, though I am explicitly told I do not qualify for the 'special property tax refund'. What gives?