Scholarship reported on 1099-misc and 1098-t

I recieved a 1099-misc from the company that awarded me my scholarship with the amount marked in the (box 5 other income) area. Then I recieved a 1098-t from the college with the same amount marked in the scholarship area. This seems wrong. Please if anybody knows what I need to do let me know.
    It's not "wrong" for it to be in both places. But, it may  constitute double reporting to the IRS. If you are not eligible for an education credit (because the scholarship pays all your qualifying expenses), don't enter the 1098-T into TurboTax.
    How the 1099-Misc is entered depends on whether it shows the full amount of the scholarship or just the taxable amount.
    • My daughter has a similar problem. Her non-taxable scholarship was included on a 1099-MISC in box 7 non-employee compensation. How would you suggest reporting this? She is not required to file a return, but would like to file one to claim her refund. However, if she files, the instructions state to include 1099-MISC income as Other Income, which results in her having to pay tax. This does not seem right. Please help!
    The below answer is no longer (starting in tax year 2012) valid. Instead  Type> scholarship income <in the search box

Teresa106,
    The scholarship (like any other income) is taxable, until you show that it is non taxable. if it was used to pay tuition, you reduce the 1099-misc amount  by the amount that was used to pay tuition and eligible expenses, and report the net as taxable income.
    Enter, in TurboTax, at:
    Federal Taxes Tab (Personal for H&B version)
    Wages & Income
    Explore on my own (this screen may not be there and it may go right to the next listing)
    Scroll down to
    -Less common income
    ---scholarship

Do not enter it at the 1099-misc screen
    • there is no spot for scholarship under the less common income category
    • TurboTax changed it this year. Type> scholarship income <in the search box