Can I print 1099 on plain paper

I have TurboTax Business.  To make 1099 for my contractor's, it took me to the online site to prepare contractor forms.  Can I print the compleded 1099 on plain paper to give to contractors or do I need to buy the blank 1099 forms from an office supply store?  I tried to print on plain paper and it printed the entire form perfectly.  If I use a blank form from an office store, how does my printer know to not print the "form template" but to just fill in the blanks?
    If you were asked if you are printing on plain paper or pre-printed forms you should choose plain paper so the form outline and boxes are printed.  Try printing the 1099's and see what happens, you can print only one page to test it.
    • It didn't ask me if I was using plain paper or a form, but when I printed they looked totally correct, it was a complete form.  I only need to print 3 of them, and don't want to buy a big pack of forms if I don't need to.
    • It also sent me to the online site to prepare 1099's, but I can't find a way to get back to the site to finish.  Does anyone know how to get back to the online site for 1099 preparation