Why didn't my property tax deduction lower my Federal Tax Due?

I just entered my property tax deduction but the amount of Federal Tax Due did not change. Why not?
    I just spent some time on online chat with Turbo Tax support - it is legit that pers property tax would not change your tax amout if certain conditions exist. Likely you have AMT - look at line 45 of 1040. AMT is a nice little way to hit you with additional taxes. Also could be that you are just above $212,300 or some other bracket amout that is impacting yor rate. I'm satisfied I do not get the deduction after chatting online with " FTA Chat Transfer"...
    • I increased my interest paid and reduced RE taxes by same amount and got the deduction I had expected.
    Property taxes are an itemized deduction.  Your total itemized deductions must be greater than your standard deductions to have an effect on your tax liability.
    • Not sure that is the issue.  I had already well-exceeded the standard deduction after entering the mortgage interest. I have since added charitable deductions and the Fed Tax Due went down.  It seems that it's just the property tax entry is not reducing the taxes. I'm stumped!
    • I'm having the same issue.... I have tried several tests to other deductions and it changes my tax but personal property tax is ignored. I went back to 2010 taxes and Turbo Tax for that year was the same - personal property tax entry did not move the tax needle...