why doesn't turbotax open?

I use an iMac
I installed turbotax 2010 and began working on my taxes about a month ago.  I had to stop because I was missing one form.  I saved the file I was working on.

I now have received that form and wanted to continue.  I tried opening turbotax, and although the red check icon opened in my taskbar, and the menu at the top changed to the turbotax menu, nothing opened.  I found my saved file and tried to open it, with no luck.  the file is there, and even shows up in the menu on the top, but it won't OPEN!!! Tried restarting my computer, still no luck

I spent several hours working on this file and had only one thing to add, so I'm obviously very frustrated.  Please tell me how the heck to open my saved file!
  • I'd suggest deleting the TurboTax application (NOT your tax file) and reinstall.
    Joseph Elwell.
  • I recommend running 'Disk Utility' and perform 'Repair Permissions'.

Doing this usually resolves most issues (may require a restart).
  • I have same kind of problem.
    Turbotax starts, with message window saying
    "Please choose the type of return you want to prepare."
    when I click choose, the program crashes.

So I ran it on terminal and I got this.

####################################
    /Applications/TurboTax\ Deluxe\ 2010.app/Contents/MacOS/TurboTax\ 2010; exit
    2011-02-22 22:33:53.168 TurboTax 2010[312] CFLog (0): CFMessagePort: bootstrap_register(): failed 1103 (0x44f), port = 0x4303, name = 'com.intuit.TurboTax.2010.ServiceProvider'
    See /usr/include/servers/bootstrap_defs.h for the error codes.
    2011-02-22 22:33:53.172 TurboTax 2010[312] CFLog (99): CFMessagePortCreateLocal(): failed to name Mach port (com.intuit.TurboTax.2010.ServiceProvider)
    2011-02-22 22:33:54.996 TurboTax 2010[312] Application formset not found, Import will not initialize
    Invalid memory access of location 00000010 eip=002066d3
    Bus error
    logout
    [Process completed]
    ######################################

I am using Max os X 10.4.11 on intel core 2 Duo cpu.
    java version is  1.5.0_19.

Please help me.
    Thanks
Were you ever able to find a solution for this problem?