I received w-2 form for third party sick pay. Should i enter this in as w-2 form and whatever listed on form?

There are no amounts listed in Box 1-7 but there is an amount in Box 12 and nothing for state is this correct?
    Yes, this sounds correct.  Enter the W-2 exactly as shown thru the regular W-2 module.
      yes
      • contacted the irs via telephone , stated the above to them , their reply was that if there were no income , then the w-2 would not have to be entered . now this is true only if YOU paid for the policy , NOT your employer !!!!!! if your employer paid the policy all monies received are taxable . i am going to verify this futher before e-filing .
            in box 12 , mine reads, the letter J (non taxable third party sick pay ) and then the amount .
      This is the same question that I have.  It is for my long term disability.  I received one check.  There are no amounts in 1-12 but in box 2 where they took out 100.00 from me for federal. They made me have state and federal taken out. Do we have to file this form.  It will NOT allow me to e-file?????
      • Everything I'm reading about "J" is that it is non-taxable sick pay.  Non-taxable means non-taxable.  I've entered the forms every year but it keeps me from e-filing.  I think I'll skip it this time.  Maybe there will be a definitive answer by the time I'm done.
      • have third party w2 box1 fed and state have with holding amounts box 12a coded J non taxable sick pay. I entered this w2 but at e file said I couldnt because of this W2. Am I doing something incorrect? Please help
      You will not be able to e-file with a W- that only has those fields filled in.
      • Why is that since TurboTax allowed me to e-file last year and I had the same situation?? I don't understand what has changed.
      • I have the same situation.  It let me e-file last year, but not this year due to this W-2 with third party sick pay.  Can I just enter $1 in box 1?