Where can I enter job hunting expenses (mileage specifically)?

I know it is under Federal Taxes > Deductions and Credits...

But I have a TON of mileage to enter and am not seeing it where I can enter it specifically for a job bunt, only "for business use," but it was not used while employed but rather in trying to FIND a job. I have driven all over Iowa and the midwest in my search.

I only see a field for "Job-Seeking Expenses"  nothing mentioned on mileage specifically.
  • deleted
  • This is what I see when I go through the step by step process...

"When did you first start using this vehicle for business? (This is often in a prior year) Explain This"

I need to know where "job hunting expenses" are to be notated, not use for business. Could someone break down exactly how to find that in the "deductions and credits" section?

I see a general "Other Job Related Expenses" section and under that it lists "Job Search expenses" with blank fields... Am I to assume I just calculate the mileage and other expenses using the IRS's rate and enter them here? I am seeing conflicting listings saying that there is an actual field for mileage, etc... but they are entries from 2010 so not sure if Turbo Tax has changed since.
  • did you figure this out? I am having the same problem. my husband was unemployed and looking for a job and when i calculated mileage and entered it in job seeking expenses then turbo tax took me to the mileage window that you're talking about for business use only.
Ooops. They changed it from last year. Enter in TurboTax at:
-- "Deductions & Credits
--- Employment expenses
---- Job expenses”
    Enter in TurboTax at "Deductions & Credits / Misc deductions / Job expenses”

You may have to go thru several screens util you get to job search
    • I do not see an area called "Misc Deduction"  I see "Other Deductions" is that what you mean?