Why is my refund taking so long?

I filed on 2/9/12, a family member of mine filed 2/11/12. She already got back her federal and state. I have no off sets or anything and I still have not gotten mine at all. She got a delivery date of 2/21/12 and I got a delivery date of 2/28/2012. But her's came in on 2/14/12 for state and 2/17 for fed. Whats going on and why is this happening. I have never had this problem before.  I am really frustrated at this process. I checked others who used taxact and took their taxes to someone who done them for them and they got theirs back. Why is mine taking so long?
  • I'm having the same problem. I filed 2/7 and still no refund. I checked on where's my refund and it said the delivery date was today but nothing still.
  • The IRS is stupid. were are to trust these stupid people? they can take the money from us right away but when it come to the public we have to wait. (I vehemently dislike) the IRS you can (place) that money up (in a trust fund or something like that)! B.I.S.E.C. life our way.

(Moderator Edit by TurboTax Curtis)
  • Up date- Refund came in today finally 2/23/2012 from federal. Nothing from state. I hope this don't happen next year. I also hope TT has the calculations right also. Last year IRS sent another refund because TT was wrong on the calculations. We will see!
  • I filed on 2/2/2012 and I still do not have my refund! It should take 10-21 days and today is day 21. The IRS is telling me by March 6! So frustrated and ticked off!!! I did everything electrocially so I could get my return fast because I really need it! Of course I also cannot get anyone on the phone to ask any questions!
  • i file on 2/14/2012 i check the stuach on my refund but they said no tax sumit can you help me
  • I filed first day....STILL no refund....UGH