I am going through this myself. I called chase my bank and they were able to re route my check my account number I listed was correct routing number wasnt because I opened the account in Illinois and now live in Texas I filled with the Texas routing number. I knew my depo was suppose to be deposited on the 4th I called my bank and they were going to reject it after 48 hr but I caught the error in time and the money was deposited into my account on time. I wish you luck I have been in sheer panic since I noticed the mistake thankfully I was able to correct the issue.
What if the return is pending? can you go in and change it? i entered the oregon routing number because i moved here in sept. but my account was originated in washington? will it go through or is there any way i can still change it since irs doesnt open untill 1/31/14?
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.